marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#1  Edited By marino  Staff
No Caption Provided

Congrats to @colonelsanders21 for claiming victory here on the first ever SGF Kickoff banner.

Our runners-up were whitegreyblack's Doritos parody in 2nd and then willin's Daft Punk and az929's bubbles banners tied for 3rd!

The Official SUMMER GAME FEST KICKOFF Thread

That's a lot of logos.
That's a lot of logos.

Is Summer Game Fest part of E3? No. Is it part of "E3"? Kinda sorta. As they say, breaking up is hard to do. Regardless, all signs point to this show being as big of an E3-style showcase as we could expect to see this year.

In an attempt to keep the E3 shenanigans organized, the mods institute these official discussion threads for each conference so that everybody has a go-to place to discuss them before, during, and after the show.

Despite the insanity of E3, keep in mind that the general site rules still apply. So, don't be a dick. If you need a refresher on to conduct yourself like an upstanding citizen of the Giant Bomb community, check out the FAQ.

Keep Discussions On Topic

This thread is exclusively for the general discussion of the Summer Game Fest Kickoff show. Discussion involving the other company's conferences should be taken to their respective threads (once they're posted).

Specific Announcements

Too many Jeffs (and Geoffs)
Too many Jeffs (and Geoffs)

To help you get where you need to go to talk about anything announced or shown during this press conference, we have created a list of them right here:

Where Can I Watch?

Thursday, June 10 @ 11:00 AM PDT (Your Local Time)

Avatar image for colonelsanders21
colonelsanders21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By colonelsanders21

You did it last year Keighley, you can do it again.

No Caption Provided

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

colonelsanders21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

colonelsanders21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The circle didn't work. Tony Hawk is dead.

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Rip Tony Hawk

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@colonelsanders21: He'll rise again.

Where you only saw only one set of skate tracks, that's where Tony carried you.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think Tunic was the thing I came away most interested in from the show. I'm kind of tentative about Sable. I'm not huge on a character running around a big empty world, and that's the kind of vibe I get from it, not knowing a whole lot about it. I'm one of those weirdos who likes Ico more than Shadow of the Colossus, just because it's world is so purposefully empty and devoid of any human to human interaction.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also curious as to what the hell is in a "Death Stranding: Director's Cut", but I'm not going to pay money to play that game again, even if I do think I found it's dumb package delivery game for enjoyable than most did.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@marino: Kudos to yourself or whoever edited this post to include the list of games talked about from Summer Game Fest. Are there plans to similarly update the other posts? Most of them list "???" or maybe 1 or 2 games, not the full lineup of games.

marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#11 marino  Staff

@bisonhero: I was going to, but I've been neck deep in uploading trailers and didn't have time.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@marino: Fair enough. Good work on the trailers! The E3 trailer deluge has returned.