Who from the crew do you think will be taking lead on Devil May Cry 5?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

DMC5 is coming out friday and I was curious which coast is going to take lead on it? I'm pretty sure I heard on some East Coast show that Dan has been playing it. I know Brad really enjoyed the last one from Ninja Theory that everyone hated so violently. I'm really curious what they will think. After playing the demo it seems like DMC5 is unapologetically a more polished DMC4, which I'm sure Dan will be fine with but I can see Jeff thinking it's a bit dated - although Jeff was never the biggest DMC fan to begin with.

Either way I'm curious how this will turn out. The demo was fun although I was a little worried with how little they decided to change in terms of combat. Oldschool fans will be in love because it is so similar except, in the demo anyway, some of the input windows weren't as demanding. We haven't had a good ol' character action game in a while so I'm happy for anything to come out from that genre.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I've also gotten the impression from some recent East Coast stream/video (i forget when) that Dan is taking point on this one. Maybe a pre-stream bit? Aside from that, Jeff did the review for Crackdown 3 not too long ago, and Brad just finished up with Anthem. Out of the three remaining editors, I think Dan is the obvious pick for a character-action game, not to mention his history with the franchise.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

If there was a line for it then Dan, because he's a filthy line cutter.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Brad's the one who did the DmC review and let's played DMC1 so I'd have put my money on him.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope it's Dan. These games are generally up his alley

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

In order of interest, It would be Dan, Jason, and then Brad. I’m incredibly excited for 5 after playing the demo.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brad and Dan doing a east/west coverage.

Even though Vinny’s not over at SF anymore, I’d still be happy, if this sparked up some interest to bring back Bradley May Cry.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan will review Nero's sections, Brad will review Dante's sections, and Jason will review V's sections.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie: Jeff will review the bonus Virgil section they are blatantly confirming without actually confirming it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

First thought was it would be Dan.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got to be Dan, he's been dying to play this for a while!

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it is going to be Jason, as this game seems to be right down his alley.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Dan probably, he seems to have the most experience with the franchise. I'm secretly hoping Ben will play it and become inspired. I think he would enjoy the games, but it can be hard to tell. Tonally they are really all over the place.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I assume Dan will since he's actually a fan of those games and seems more interested in it than anyone else on staff

samferrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely think it would be Dan, though I'd love a Brad & Vinny vid after rewatching Bradley may cry recently!

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Dan is the DMC guy from what I gather.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am going to echo everyone on here. Dan seems like the most logical choice from what I gathered.

Not sure there is anyone I'd say is a great fit, with all of them thinking DMC is the best one.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'd love to see a review from Dan. I have never played a DMC game, but they always looked really fun. This might be the one to get me into the series.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirpsychosexy: If the demo and initial reports are anything to go by then it will definitely be the most forgiving one, although thats not saying much.

Can't say I ever liked liked the way DMC handled "missions" in terms of having to restart from the very beginning of an area when you die. I get that it's also a way to farm orbs for moves but still. From what I heard there is a variety of ways to "continue" when you die in this one - microtransactions being also one of those ways.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: One of the two or three minor criticisms in Easy Allies' review was that revival was too easy because the game apparently gives you too many yellow orbs. Honestly I don't really know what to feel until I put my hands on it.

I will say though, these games have had reasonable continue systems since as early as DMC3 special edition. In that game, if you chose "gold" mode, you just came back via a reliable checkpoint system. You could also buy or find scarce yellow orbs to revive right then and there. DMC4 and DmC also used checkpoints from what I remember, so really we haven't had to deal with that unforgiving bull since DMC2.

Tbh I don't see why they wouldn't just use the DMC3 model

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: I replayed DMC4 SE a while ago and that game still has a weird save structure. Like if you enter a challenge room in the middle of a level and fail it will give you a mission failure and ask you to start the level from the beginning.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@humanity: That only happens if you die and you never hit a checkpoint, which are pretty plentiful in both 3 and 4.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TechnoSyndrome: Yah I don't remember exactly so I'll take your word for it, but I do remember never being all that happy with the saving in those games.