PvP in regular public locations?

ToastMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is twice now that I've seen this. A player killing another player while on the public PvE locations. This is on Nessus in the Failsafe NPC room. Previously I've seen it happen on the Moon right next to Eris Morn.

I've returned to D2 only recently and don't remember this to be a thing. Is this sort of thing common now or is this new? I get that hacking is an issue on the PvP modes; what's the point of doing this in the PvE areas?

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a hack.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By tds418

There is no PvP outside of Crucible (and Gambit). This is either a glitch or a hack.

Maybe related, but I've noticed some weird glitchiness in Failsafe's room since Beyond Light launched. It seems like it's not possible to interact with her sometimes when a public event is active in the zone.

xamon0288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a glitch with the gun that person is using. The Symmetry (exotic scout rifle) secondary mode can kill guardians in any activity for some reason. All you have to do is switch to it (hold reload) and then shoot at the feet of the guardian.

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tds418: I've had this happen multiple times. Hope it's fixed cause that spot seems like it has a public event happing every couple of minutes.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By tds418

Thankfully, outside of delivering cookies to Failsafe during the Dawning event, there are very few reasons to actually talk to Failsafe.

ToastMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ToastMan

@xamon0288:Interesting. I wonder if they're benefitting from this in any way or it is just for griefing. Perhaps it counts for kills towards bounty progression...

@tds418: Well unfortunately it can happen anywhere. It happened to me on the Moon while I was talking to Eris Morn and it actually interrupted the dialogue. It was really annoying because the guy kept doing it to everyone in there so I had to leave and re-enter the area.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

even with all the oft-rumored split between light and dark guardians I hope that we don't see public area PvP. So hopefully this gets patched soon.

xamon0288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It might count toward Arc or Scout bounties, I'm not sure. There is one member of my clan that loves to do it to us from time to time for a laugh so perhaps its just griefing from those randoms. Its been that way for about 3ish seasons so I am not sure if bungie will ever fix it but I will say that lately I have seen less people do it compared to when it was first discovered.