What system do you plan on playing Cyberpunk 2077 on first?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What system do you plan on playing Cyberpunk 2077 on first? (283 votes)

Current-gen console 12%
Next-gen console 18%
PC 57%
Google Stadia 1%
No joke, probably all of them! 0%
I don't plan on playing the game. 3%
I'm waiting to see. I'm not sure yet. 7%

As for me, if the next-gen consoles are already out by the time this game is out and I have one of the next-gen consoles, I will play it on one of those systems. That said, I have to choose the last choice since we just don't know when those will be available. What about you? Also, kind of on a side note, I didn't watch a whole lot of the latest gameplay footage, and although I am interested in the type of game this is and I love the setting, I am worried that the shooting won't be fun. I hope I am wrong.

• 
cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC, i only upgraded late last year so i'm all set.
I've noticed in all the gameplay they've shown that non of the active gameplay actually looks good, the shooting reminds me of Fallout 3 levels of functional and the driving physics look really bad.
I'm still expecting the game to be incredible, The Witcher 3 was uniquely phenominal and they've really put every effort and time into this so it would be silly to ignore, but everything that's been shown looks kinda not good.

fugoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably on my PS5 due to it most likely being close to their release, but it's kind of a weird thing where there won't be an actual PS5/XBX release of the game until next year. So the actual advantages of next gen won't be as much until the "enhanced" edition comes out. But CDPR is one of the few studios I will absolutely make sure I play their game asap.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

PC, as usual.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Looks very much like a PC sort of game to me. Although all the demos they have shown so far have been using a controller it seems, I still think much like Deus Ex this is something I want to be using a mouse for.

Hopefully it's well optimized because my 1080 was the bees knees a few years back but now, once again, it's no longer the "throw any settings at me" kind of card anymore. Control really humbled me.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I decide to pick it up, it will be on Stadia.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

PC.

With all of the stuff happening in this game. I can't imagine the base consoles will be a good experience and the Pro/X might struggle as well. Next gen consoles should be OK, but frankly I don't want one, nor do I ever want to participate in Stadia.

EDIT: I could have sworn the original gameplay footage we saw of this thing was running in 4K with two 1080's... but that appears to not be the case according to this. If a 1080ti and an 8700K had to run the game at 1080p30, then I would suggest caution on pre-ordering if your current PC can't be considered "high end" in 2020, and I'd suggest not pre-ordering at all if you're planning on playing this on a base Xbox One. I'm just some asshole in an armchair making a few assumptions based on what I've seen, but I really have a hard time believing the base current consoles will be anything better than Far Cry 3 on a 360/PS3.

I'd also be willing to bet that more than a few people are going to be kinda angry when their $2500 machines can't max this game out at 4K120FPS because nobody makes video games that really push high end hardware anymore.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC, but I'm hoping the 3000 series cards are available before November. I've been limping along with a 1070, which just isn't going to cut it.

pearsonpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will also be on GeForce Now with ray tracing.

BigSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be on PC. I'm running a 1060 so I might need to dial the settings back a bit.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I get it, it'll probably be on my Xbox One X. When I sooner or later get the Series X I can just carry over the game and saved progress to there.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was actually thinking this might be nice on Stadia. But probably current-gen consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably invest in a good PC and play it there, maybe I'll check out a PS5 version in the future but I don't trust my base PS4 to cope without severe compromises and I really want to play it at it's best

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

PS5 so I don't have to deal with my PS4 possibly exploding.

Kaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planning on building a new PC when the new AMD cards come out, seems like they'll come out before Cyberpunk 2077. Mostly for Cyberpunk, so I'm kinda glad they delayed the game because of it.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Really depends on if the systems are out or not by then. If not, Xbox One X for my best possible current gen experience. If they're out, I expect to have both next gen systems at launch so maybe a coin flip?

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frytup said:

PC, but I'm hoping the 3000 series cards are available before November. I've been limping along with a 1070, which just isn't going to cut it.

^This.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Currently running a EVGA 1050 dual fan, 8 GB DDR4, and an Intel 6600. Honestly want to try it on there for laughs. But once my lawsuit settlement comes in I'm planning to upgrade. Was gonna go amd a few months ago, but amazon decided I shouldn't. Which was the one silver lining to the whole debacle. As now I'm probably gonna wait until the next Gen stuff comes out and see how they compare. Will ether get the same. Thing for less because of price drops, or the new tech. I'm in that phase where I need to upgrade at the motherboard level. So that basicly means new everything.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Not sure...I just got a 2070 Super on my PC as a gift so it feels kinda wrong to go console, but I also don't think my CPU or RAM is up to snuff to max out the resolution or framerate and I don't plan on building a full new rig for a while. I might just wind up getting it for my One X so I don't get hung up on optimization and then buy it again for PC for a second playthrough when it goes on sale, like I did with Witcher 3.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I play it it will probably be on Pc, as that's all I have atm and I'm not sure if I am buying another console anytime soon.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno... Money is tight, so I may get a PS5 on a monthly payment plan instead of upgrading my PC. I have a 1070/6700k combo, which I'm not sure will outperform or be able to run at superior settings relative to a next-gen console, especially this game. I'll wait for some gameplay comparisons, but I'm leaning next-gen.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

As someone who hated the concept of a half step this past generation I avoided getting a Pro or upgraded Xbox. Financially it's always made more sense for me to only get one of the big consoles. I have an older PC as well so my console pretty much acts as my high end gaming machine. Due to the half step this last generation, there have been a slew of titles these last couple years I've had to ignore just did to how bad they play or how hot they make that base PS4 run. That said, I do have more than excess funds saved as I usually do come next generation, so on top of getting Cyberpunk on PS5, I'm looking forward to catching up on a few other titles base sucked with, like Control.

I don't even know why they are pretending Cyberpunk will be even remotely relevant on base consoles though. Pro and X sure, but base ass 8 year old fire boxes will melt from everything I've seen in this game lol.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

PC of course. So far only Control has been punishing to my 9900k/2080ti setup so I’m curious to see how this game will make my rig scream. I’m at least hoping to get decent settings at 1440p/60fps but I have my doubts.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Quite a few people here discounting their PCs. If it’s true that they’re capable of performing black magic to get this game running on some shit smartphone CPUs (meaning current gen) then there’s plenty of hope of this game being able to scale very well on PC.

I’m more concerned on how demanding the game will be on video cards, not CPU

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

If it comes out before the ps5, then probably on the ps4

Manuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC, as soon as I upgrade it.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Xbox One X or Xbox Series X, depending on if the latter has been released by the time Cyberpunk is available.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I loved The Witcher 3, but it's the only CD Projekt Red game I've played, so I don't have this conceptualization of them as an indefatigable studio the same way I feel about Rockstar or Naughty Dog or Sony's internal studios of the PS4 generation. I'm excited for this game and it looks like it wants to be both massive and massively great, but everything I've seen leaves me with this uneasy feeling that it might only be massive in terms of scope. The voice acting and dialogue have all felt a little...generic, or something like it.

So I voted for a next-gen console, because I have every expectation this game might work best as a showcase for what the future of video games can be, or a compelling summary of what game design this past decade was and has exhausted itself of, rather than a wholly enduring experience on its own merits. As always I'd love to be proven wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if The Last of Us Part II is the last PS4 title I've purchased.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima: I pretty sure a lot of people are not going to like the way Cyberpunk 2077 is written/acted.

Blade Runner noir is Cyberpunk to most not realizing the vulgar punk aspects of stuff like 2000AD and Judge Dredd, CD Project Red being big fans of the source material the recreation might be too much for some.

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stadia, although after seeing the latest gameplay video I'm probably going to skip the game altogether.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepanzini: As a British person of a certain age, 2000AD's brand of cheesy, brutal vulgarity is exactly what I want from the tone of this game honestly, although I'd not really considered that possibility until now. I'm not really familiar with the p&p game, is it similar in tone to something like Judge Dredd?

@spacegg: Sure I read somewhere that it won't be on Stadia at launch, not sure if that matters to you at all but just FYI in case you hadn't heard.

north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

PS15, once this is finally released as a retrospective in 2078.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ThePanzini

@someoneproud: I've not played the p&p game, but if you listen to Mike Pondsmith or read some of the wiki especially regarding Night City which sounds just like mega city one, Dredd is the closes analogy so far more apt than Blade Runner.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepanzini: Ok sweet, thanks for pointing that out. It does definitely seem a better fit than Blade Runner is to what we've seen so far.

Hmmm. Now I'm thinking about starting with a Dredd style corpo run & gun playthrough.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#35 fisk0  Moderator

Probably PC? Don't have any plans on picking it up on release, but I'll probably end up buying it on GOG during a sale down the line.