Crysis Remastered coming soon (on PC with ray tracing, Xbox One, PS4, as well as Nintendo Switch).

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

Who else is excited? Crysis is one of my favorite first-person shooters, so this excites me for sure. I guess the only thing that disappoints me is that, at least as far as we know so far, they aren't remastering the entire trilogy. Not that any of them look bad even by today's standards, but I'd love to play them on the Xbox One and then on the Series X without having to go back to the 360 versions by back compat. I don't want it on the Switch, but I am interested in seeing what that version looks like.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Welp, I won't be running this on my PC...

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see the attraction if you want to play it on new consoles, but very little interest for me. I can play the original on PC.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frytup: No interest in the updated visuals on PC? Obviously, Crysis original still looks good though. Although I will be playing it on the Xbox One X or PS4 Pro (assuming X), I am interested to see how the enhancements compare to vanilla Crysis from PC to PC version.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: Nah, not really. I'll take a look at the Digital Foundry analysis assuming they do one, but the original still looks good enough on PC that I wouldn't pay for a remaster.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will get it for the raytracing most likely. It will also probably run better than the original even with raytracing enabled lol.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I hoped they would have saved this for a next-gen launch title. I bet people would have bought it to test how good it looks and runs on the new machines. Technically they could still try to do 120fps on Xbox One X for example.

But yeah, I did like Crysis back in the day. I don't have an impressive PC at the moment so not sure I'd pick up the remaster unless they do cool console stuff.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri: Yeah, maybe they'll be enhancing it on next-gen systems too. That'd be cool.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frytup: Original Crysis does not support multi core CPU's and at higher resolutions the game can still bog down on modern systems, while there are various new utilities and effects being added to the game support for modern CPU's is one of the bigger selling points for the remaster, especially for people with 4k monitors.
On the console side there were sections of the game cut out because they couldn't get them working, these areas can still exhibit slow down on PC's, so presumably consoles will get the full package for the first time.
So while the game does still look fantastic and doesn't necessarily need a remaster on PC, plenty of people will be welcoming it, i'm just wondering if they'll do Crysis 2 as well, which has a few lazy things missing from its PC port.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By csl316

Because I was deprived of good PC's, I only played Crysis 2. At 20fps on an Xbox 360. And loved it!

It'd be interesting to go back to an upgraded version of the original.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Crysis 1 had a really cool semi-sandbox approach to the level design which the subsequent games ditched almost entirely. It gets a bit of a short shrift as a game that brought PCs to their knees and not much else. It'll be interesting how people take to it in a world of Far Cry style sandbox fps.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hayt Same here, as i wished that they pushed even more with the SandBox design and suit powers with the sequels.

But instead they turned it more linear and removed the speed power (my favorite) to make it possible on consoles.

Could they be thinking about rebooting the game? *fingers crossed*

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cikame: Yeah, the console version was decent but not as good as the PC version (and not just because of the visuals). They took the VTOL mission out, which I thought was a nice little change of pace. They also took out some music in certain areas; there was no leaning functionality (which kind of makes sense on a console I suppose), and some of the weapons/grenades worked differently. Abilities were also placed on the bumpers akin to Crysis 2. I think there are more small things that differ, but overall I think some of those things hurt the console version and I hope the remaster brings everything back that made the original great.