New Hamburger menu hard to press on iOS?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Humanity

Question to iOS users out there - has anyone noticed the menu button in upper left (three horizontal lines) has started being really hard to “press” after the recent facelift? I find myself jamming my finger over it multiple times before finding just the right spot for it to roll open. I’m on an iPhone XS with whatever is the newest iOS using Safari.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By liquiddragon

Yup, when I first load a page, i have to press it about 3 times.

Also on a computer, hovering of the notification tab gives me an error.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yeah just hit it 3 times. The right side of it doesn’t seem to have any clickiness

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, when I first load a page, i have to press it about 3 times.

Also on a computer, hovering of the notification tab gives me an error.

I've said it before in another one of these threads - Test. Prior. To. Release.

I get that a lot of design is a "different stroke for different folks" kind of thing. While I really like the orange font (note to devs: please keep the orange font) and more elegant menu type size, a lot of other people probably hate the color and think the type is too small. Ultimately you aren't going to please everyone with that stuff.

But the menu error is objectively wrong. And worse, it's wrong in an obvious way, in an highly visible place, and in a way that doesn't take very long to find.

It's one of those attention to detail things that drives me nuts. Probably more than it should to be honest, but I can't help it.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#6 fisk0  Moderator

The hamburger menu is pretty hard to press in Chrome on Android too, so not an iOS/Safari exclusive issue.

danauer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for posting y'all. We have a fix underway to make the hit area more generous. We hadn't had any issues while testing internally but totally saw what you said after playing with it even more.

Notifications though – y'all still having issues with that? If so let us know.

Also, I hear your frustration @therealturk. Please do keep in mind that we do test internally throughout the development and build process and sometimes stuff still doesn't pan out perfectly despite our best intentions. This isn't an attention to detail problem.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great to hear the hitbox is getting a buff - you guys just nerfed it too hard..

The orange font though.. I kinda figured it was a Halloween thing? Is there a reason why it's just not the red it was in the past?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

@danauer: yeah, still getting an error with the notifications tab. Another thing I'm noticing is that that video tab seems too big to fit in a browser.

No Caption Provided