David Wise is awesome

migrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By migrations

Dude, David Wise is great. I don't know where the hate comes from. Time Lord!

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ottoman673

You understand that Jeff and Brad were only saying he's awful to spite Dan, kind of how he does to a lot of things most people like, right?

'Cause that was a pretty big part of that whole joke.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Dan getting a Dan pulled on himself and not realizing the Danness of the Danning is pretty fantastic Dantastic.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

He's good, but he's no Kirkhope.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@shadowconqueror: Beat me to it.

#1 reaSon Kirkhope wins is he didn't do Tropical Freeze.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I also like Wise a whole lot, although I'm not familiar with his complete body of work. Might be worth going down that rabbit hole. This was a pretty cool interview the Super Marcato Bros. did with the man.

You understand that Jeff and Brad were only saying he's awful to spite Dan, kind of how he does to a lot of things most people like, right?

'Cause that was a pretty big part of that whole joke.

Nah, it was legitimate beef and cause for civil war.

MudMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Oh, Dan knows.

Here's what I'm getting to understand about Dan: Dan thinks the world works like wrestling. Or rather, that all entertainment works like wrestling.

Really, go back and look at his performances on anything even remotely competitive. You can point at the frame where he decides which wrestling archetype he's going to use for it. In a way, it takes the mystique away from why he does what he does. On another, more meta way, that's in itself such a damn Dan thing it's almost better than taking him at face value.

DFL017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Oh, Dan knows.

Here's what I'm getting to understand about Dan: Dan thinks the world works like wrestling. Or rather, that all entertainment works like wrestling.

Really, go back and look at his performances on anything even remotely competitive. You can point at the frame where he decides which wrestling archetype he's going to use for it. In a way, it takes the mystique away from why he does what he does. On another, more meta way, that's in itself such a damn Dan thing it's almost better than taking him at face value.

Using the word "mystique" to describe Dan... not the word I would have gone with.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Pretty sure they're just playing up their "hate" of David Wise to troll Dan (which is working).

Hajitorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Hajitorus

So I know this is a long shot, and I'm sorry for necroing, but I feel like this is the best place for it: back in the bad old days I used to hang out on a site dedicated to fads (named after a Sean Connery movie). Basically, people could use the site to generate joke pages by throwing up any old GIF/MP3 combo. At some point, one of the most prolific posters uploaded a collection of remixed dumb music to one of those "punch the monkey to download" websites, and in that was a track called "Desert Nos". "Desert Nos" is the backing track on this fad site from 2009. That site itself is a remix of another site, which was originally posted in 2008. The song has been kicking around in my head ever since I first heard it.

The track is a remix of Grant Kirkhope's Gobi's Valley track (for Banjo-Kazooie) with one of the early Bombcasts, with Jeff and Ryan taste-testing Nos. I thought it was pretty funny at the time, then I found Giant Bomb and thought it was hilarious. Then I watched the Fast/Furious movies and laughed even more, and now ... now the Bombcast went and had a Kirkhope/Wise battle and all I can think about is this dumb track! Time is truly a flat circle.

(Oh, and between Time Lord and Snake Rattle n Roll on NES, I was on the lookout for Rare titles after that.)