Crowd moderation wiki

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By chililili

Who here thinks the idea that was mentioned in the bombcast of a possible crowd moderation wiki is a good idea? I mean I don't mind moderations taking a few days if its going to be quality ones, but putting up the wikis for crowd moderation would be very bad in my opinion. It would completely undermine the entire moderation system and just plain suck. I mena considering how certian images tend to get approved when they are mislabeled and such, I cring to think the ffects wiki crowd moderation would have. What do you guys think?

oGShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By oGShAdY

Thumbs Down

I would be inclined to agree with you. I think that Crowd moderation of Wiki information could be a horrible feature to add to Giant Bomb. It would stream line the process too much and make it so that low quality submissions could easily appear all around the site. I hope that it does not happen and I think that it would be the feature to really destroy the faith that many of the more driven posters have.

I personally don't think I would bother to post information anymore considering that I spend a long time finding certified information, while checking sources and performing multiple edits. If the Giant Bomb staff want this site to grow in a positive direction they will scrap the idea of doing crowd moderation.

I am willing to change my opinion however. The staff could implement a system that I myself can't foresee that would avoid any possible exploits or corruption of Giant Bomb.
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Clean

I agree too. I don't like the crowd moderation either. People could could put in poor content all over the wiki database.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I agree, that would suck. The image moderation is one thing, but bigger things than images, is too much...

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Yeah definitely not a really great idea IMO.

A bunch of images that I posted that I was glitched into posting got accepted, which I wasnt really happy about; so like you said, who knows what would happen with a crowd mod system.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By metal_mills

I agree with you guys. I don't like the idea.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By chililili

Also when you take into account the fact that more and more people are gonna reach 1000 soon the mods should be able to start taking care of hte backlog wiki articles and we will not really need a crowd mod sort of thing

Avatar image for americanpegasus
AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By AmericanPegasus

Personally, I think we should wait and see how everything plays out. But if its just a mirror of the image mod tool, it might not be a good idea. I think we're really doing great by cutting down the queue. And I have reason to believe that we are going to be able to reach the 24 hour turn around time by Monday. But I don't know what and how they're planning to do it.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By chililili

Nice to see a mod's opinion on this