Alright already! Enough is enuff! What's going on here?

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BiggerBomb

Ok, I am not able to listen to the Bombcast. I haven't been able to since the site launched and I'm not seeing what it is that I'm doing wrong.

When I go to the Bombcast page I see the description of the Bombcast, a photo, the date, and three links: RSS, Download, and Subscribe on Itunes. That's it. Other members have assured me that there is supposed to be an "on-site" media player, like there was before the GiantBomb launched this summer. But lucky ol' me doesn't see that. I've missed so many Bombcasts...

Am I doomed to walk the Earth without hearing Brad's hypnotizing voice, Vinny's Vinny-ness, and Jeff & Ryan's whacky antics? Is this a bug? Can it be fixed? Or is this not a bug and I'm failing really hard by not seeing how to activate the podcast?

Ugh, help's always appreciated!

AkumaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AkumaX

Get it off iTunes, my browser seems a bit temperamental when it comes to embedded media players etc.

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By MasturbatingBear

or if you have a psp and a wireless router just set up an rss feed to the podcast. thats how I listen to it.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jayge_
MasturbatingBear said:
"or if you have a psp and a wireless router just set up an rss feed to the podcast. thats how I listen to it."
Same.
thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By thebeast

Can you share a bit more information on this? 

What browser are you running? 
On what OS?
If you're using Firefox are you using any extensions like Adblock?
Do you have any other filtering software running?
Do videos and other Flash items load?
Again, if you're using Firefox (or Chrome and other WebKit browsers), visit "about:plugins" (without the quotes) in your browser and let us know what version of 'Shockwave Flash' is showing.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BiggerBomb
TheBeast said:
"Can you share a bit more information on this? 
On what OS?
Again, if you're using Firefox (or Chrome and other WebKit browsers), visit "about:plugins" (without the quotes) in your browser and let us know what version of 'Shockwave Flash' is showing.
"

This guy is awesome ^^

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thebeast

Just checked it in IE7 and it doesn't seem to be loading for me either, so it looks like that's where the problem is!

Best bet for now is to use a different browser for the flash player, or do as others say and listen through a media player.

It might be an idea to provide a bug report in the Bug Reporting forum with as much detail as possible so that the staff can take a look at it.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb

Alright, thanks. I'll get around to that sooner or when I'm not as lazy-er.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By LiquidPrince

Why can't you download?

sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sionweeks

Dude just get it off iTunes like the rest of the 21st century!  It's so much easier.  I leave my MBP on all night Tuesday, wake up Wednesday morning and it's there! Then I listen to it on the bus to work. it's like a routine, and it's better than thinking "Oh yeah, GBC is out! Oh shit I better go look"  Having it right there on your HDD every morning is so much easier than using a browser, and keeping that browser open for 2 hours to listen to it!

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bass

I use the embedded video-player, and it works fine. I use firefox though, so i suppose that could be the problem.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have no problems with my iTunes subscription with GB's bombcast, because i'm from the UK i don't get it til Wednesday but it doesn't bother me, I have never used their web player.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Snail
    BiggerBomb said:
    "TheBeast said:
    "Can you share a bit more information on this? 
    On what OS?
    "

This guy is awesome ^^

• Internet Explorer on all three computers in the house.
    • Um... I know I have a dual core HP that's at most, two years old. My dad has a single core HP and my mom has a HP laptop. Neither of these are more than three years old. Sorry, that I can't provide more info on that. I'm not much of a computer guy.
      • N/A
      • Not that I'm aware of, unless a firewall counts. (I'm a noob, I know.)
      • Yes, all other videos and Flash items that I have encountered load.

I know that's not much to work off of, sorry. Thanks for attempting to help, though.

"
    This site has lots of bugs on IE, use either Firefox or Safari, safari being the one with the less bugs.
    And just get it on iTunes...
    GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By GiantGUS

I get it of the Zune Software

RIZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Scooper

I've not seen an embedded player on the bombcast's page ever, but I somehow managed to get around that with the 3 other options availible.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Scooper said:
    "I've not seen an embedded player on the bombcast's page ever, but I somehow managed to get around that with the 3 other options availible."

Wow, thank you, I was totally unaware of the other 3 options until your snotty remark informed me. Now that makes my question completely irrelevant and the bug should be left alone. You have saved the day, good for you!
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    BiggerBomb said:
    "I've missed so many Bombcasts...

Am I doomed to walk the Earth without hearing Brad's hypnotizing voice, Vinny's Vinny-ness, and Jeff & Ryan's whacky antics? Is this a bug? Can it be fixed? Or is this not a bug and I'm failing really hard by not seeing how to activate the podcast?"

So, you don't see the embedded player, but why have you missed episodes, and are doomed to not listen to it? Just download it using the download link. It's not rocket science.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BiggerBomb
    MattyFTM said:
    "BiggerBomb said:

Am I doomed to walk the Earth without hearing Brad's hypnotizing voice, Vinny's Vinny-ness, and Jeff & Ryan's whacky antics? Is this a bug? Can it be fixed? Or is this not a bug and I'm failing really hard by not seeing how to activate the podcast?"

So, you don't see the embedded player, but why have you missed episodes, and are doomed to not listen to it? Just download it using the download link. It's not rocket science."

/shrug

I'm lazy? I don't know, I don't have much free time to wait for it to download and then listen to it. I have no idea what the RSS option is for, I have no working media player (aside from iTunes) to play it after it has been downloaded, and I don't want to pay for a subscription that would otherwise be free if the bug wasn't preventing me from using the embedded player.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    BiggerBomb said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    "BiggerBomb said:

So, you don't see the embedded player, but why have you missed episodes, and are doomed to not listen to it? Just download it using the download link. It's not rocket science."

/shrug

I'm lazy? I don't know, I don't have much free time to wait for it to download and then listen to it. I have no idea what the RSS option is for, I have no working media player (aside from iTunes) to play it after it has been downloaded, and I don't want to pay for a subscription that would otherwise be free if the bug wasn't preventing me from using the embedded player."
    Subscribing to a podcast on itunes is free. And you should just be able to click the download link and your browsers default MP3 streaming software should automatically stream it, no need to actually download it fully.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BiggerBomb
    MattyFTM said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    "BiggerBomb said:

/shrug

I'm lazy? I don't know, I don't have much free time to wait for it to download and then listen to it. I have no idea what the RSS option is for, I have no working media player (aside from iTunes) to play it after it has been downloaded, and I don't want to pay for a subscription that would otherwise be free if the bug wasn't preventing me from using the embedded player."
    Subscribing to a podcast on itunes is free. And you should just be able to click the download link and your browsers default MP3 streaming software should automatically stream it, no need to actually download it fully."

My computer is great if you can forget about the problems with it. One of those problems is some bug with the default MP3, it doesn't work. And I can't download anything onto either of my parents' computers, because I don't want to somehow screw something up. They use their computers for work.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By Endogene

Just download Winamp, it is free safe and literally has tons of add ons. Hope the bug preventing you from using th esite media player will be fixed soon.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Scooper
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Scooper said:
    "I've not seen an embedded player on the bombcast's page ever, but I somehow managed to get around that with the 3 other options availible."

Wow, thank you, I was totally unaware of the other 3 options until your snotty remark informed me. Now that makes my question completely irrelevant and the bug should be left alone. You have saved the day, good for you!"

Stop whining and download the podcast. And it is completely irrelevant because there's many simple ways to get around it.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Scooper said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Scooper said:

Wow, thank you, I was totally unaware of the other 3 options until your snotty remark informed me. Now that makes my question completely irrelevant and the bug should be left alone. You have saved the day, good for you!"

Stop whining and download the podcast. And it is completely irrelevant because there's many simple ways to get around it."

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the pullout sofa in his mom's basement.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By StaticFalconar

Like just download it and put it in your MP3 player, then once its in your mp3 player delete it off the computer. No one will ever know. I've done that off the library computer once or twice and those computers are super locked down to make sure even if you wanted to do something bad to them, you cannot because of admin restrictions.

If you don't trust to download something off a legitimate site like GB, then you have far worse problems.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BiggerBomb
    StaticFalconar said:
    "Like just download it and put it in your MP3 player, then once its in your mp3 player delete it off the computer. No one will ever know. I've done that off the library computer once or twice and those computers are super locked down to make sure even if you wanted to do something bad to them, you cannot because of admin restrictions.

If you don't trust to download something off a legitimate site like GB, then you have far worse problems."

No, it's not a trust issue. But my parents computers always have problems and downloading anything always seems to add it. I'm not going to test my luck.

That aside, why has this become a "let's interrogate BiggerBomb to find out why he doesn't do X, Y, & Z" thread? I'm just asking a question, sheesh. It isn't immensely important for me to listen to the Bombcast and I have a lot going on in my life, the convienence of a feature that does not work for me is something that would help me out a lot.
    Mattzz10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mattzz10

You could maybe just use firefox as your browser. That would probably fix all of your problems.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Mattzz10 said:
    "You could maybe just use firefox as your browser. That would probably fix all of your problems."

Ugh. In case anyone hasn't noticed, TheBeast already acknowledged that this is a bug and hopefully something will come if it. That is all this topic was made for, to confirm a bug. I really can't stand it when people tell me to change my browser, especially when I am using the most widly used browser out there. Yes, I understand that switching to Firefox may fix my problems and my choosing not to do so doesn't help my situation. The point is that I shouldn't have to switch from Internet Explorer for the site to work.

I'm perfectly ok waiting, I'll be patient. I just want to know that this will be worked on, so a bug can be ironed out. <---That's something the staff is paid to do. =P
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By StaticFalconar
    BiggerBomb said:
    "StaticFalconar said:
    "Like just download it and put it in your MP3 player, then once its in your mp3 player delete it off the computer. No one will ever know. I've done that off the library computer once or twice and those computers are super locked down to make sure even if you wanted to do something bad to them, you cannot because of admin restrictions.

If you don't trust to download something off a legitimate site like GB, then you have far worse problems."

No, it's not a trust issue. But my parents computers always have problems and downloading anything always seems to add it. I'm not going to test my luck.

That aside, why has this become a "let's interrogate BiggerBomb to find out why he doesn't do X, Y, & Z" thread? I'm just asking a question, sheesh. It isn't immensely important for me to listen to the Bombcast and I have a lot going on in my life, the convienence of a feature that does not work for me is something that would help me out a lot."
    If you would kindly reread your forum title, you will get your answer.

It seemed like you where extremely pissed off that you didn't get to listen to the Bombcast and yet was super stupid about any of the alternatives we have said out. While your style of writing may naturally be dramatic, we don't know who you really are, so when we read overly dramatic writing without any hint of sarcasm, we might think its true.

The final word is that is a bug that only a minority of the users have since most people don't use IE.

If you are still weary about downloading it, then download it and put in your mp3 player at the library, or your friends house from your super active lifestyle.

I suggest close thread as well since BiggerBomb here isn't going to get any new answers that isn't a repeat of what we said already.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Scooper
    StaticFalconar said:
    It seemed like you where extremely pissed off that you didn't get to listen to the Bombcast and yet was super stupid about any of the alternatives we have said out. While your style of writing may naturally be dramatic, we don't know who you really are, so when we read overly dramatic writing without any hint of sarcasm, we might think its true.

This. And to the BiggerTwat - I don't live in my parents' basement and infact bought my own computer, I Also know that downloading the Bombcast then playing it on a downloaded media player won't damage my computer because I'm not a total imbecile.