Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fortnite

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jul 25, 2017

Originally a co-operative looter shooter from the studios behind Unreal Tournament and Gears of War, Fortnite became one of the most successful PvP "battle royale" games and later became its own platform for several types of games.

Any Word On This Being Cancelled?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

So, as to not necro a 10 month old thread, does anyone know if this has been cancelled yet? The game never screamed more than just a $20 downloadable title so I find it crazy its been this long without a release or even new information about the game. Just curious as the news about Epic teaming up with a university brought this game to my mind.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I'm going to guess that it's been delayed/cancelled since we've heard nothing.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I think they are just keeping quiet until they have something interesting to show. My guess is at E3 this year we finally get game play.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

I spoke with a developer who was still very much working on this game as of a month ago, haven't talked since but from what I gather nothing's changed (it's still being made).

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird. Maybe the scope of the game is actually larger than it came off to me when I saw it.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's becoming a PS4 exclusive obviously.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By crithon

wait? 10 months? I thought it's been over 2 years and a couple months? Did I miss a news article on it?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sammo21

The page for the game hasn't been updated since before April: http://www.fortnitegame.com/

the last official word I had was from one of the developers when I talked to them at DragonCon back in August 2012.

pondwhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Official Fortnite Twitter

It seems as if they're doing something involving small ornate chests and exclusivity, at the very least. Don't forget, this is supposed to be the first UE4 game from EPIC, it ought to be a bit of a showpiece.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In order to develop a game, I think you need some developers. Epic doesn´t seem to have a lot of those anymore.

Honestly. It seems like their focus has entirely shifted on making engines and being owned by the Chinese.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sammo21

@superfriend: Yeah, I agree. I think this is one reason that Cliffy B really left. Of course I don't know that, but still it looks like it to me.

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's preparing to take the place of Half Life 3.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@sammo21 said:

@superfriend: Yeah, I agree. I think this is one reason that Cliffy B really left. Of course I don't know that, but still it looks like it to me.

I'm guessing there was a whole re-org going on behind the scenes ever since Tencent Holdings now has a minority stake in the company and perhaps this disrupted development on the game without necessarily cancelling it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.