Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The thirteenth game in the Fire Emblem series and the first for the 3DS. Conceived as a "greatest hits" of previous Fire Emblem ideas, it features a mix of new mechanics and older gameplay concepts.

Lunatic Mode Makes Me Cry

Stradimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So just to bring you all up to speed, I have completed the game on Normal and have decided to skip Hard and go right to Lunatic based off of how easy normal was for me. I am new to Fire Emblem (this being my first game in the series) and am currently on the first real level where you start off with Fred, Lissa, Chrom, and MU. This level just seems to be the worst shit I've ever had to do (to be fair, I don't play a lot of turn based strats). So here is my question. If I am having this rough of a time now, is it basically just going to get worse from here or are the first couple of levels meant to be stupid hard? Thanks for the time, everyone.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The first half dozen levels basically revolves around letting Fred tank all the hits with a bronze weapon and the rest of the party pick up stragglers. Remember, Strength (or Mag) + weapon MT - defense (or Res) = damage dealt, so get used to counting numbers carefully.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#3  Edited By StarvingGamer

It depends on how much you're willing to grind/rely on DLC. If you're just trying to play it straight, it's going to get worse before it gets better, as the maps get larger and it becomes harder and harder to limit the number of enemies attacking your guys at once. If you're grinding for levels, particularly if you have access to Golden Gaffe and EXPonential Growth, then the game will only be as hard as you let it be once you're past Chapter 4.

Stradimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've definitely been looking at pre-attack numbers. But I am getting some raw shit luck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.