Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

Issues registering

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Hey guys, l bought new copy of Final Fantasy XIV for PS4 today and popped it straight in. One it had finishing downloading l decided to get started but l was met with a screen saying l needed to register the promotional code which came with my copy. l obviously expected this screen so l went to create a square enix account which was necessary to input the code and register the game which all worked fine then l went to connect my sqaure enix accounnt to my PSN account which also worked successfully. When l went back to my PS4 to play the game it still comes up with the same message, saying l need to register my code???

l did some googling of course and came upon this issue but apparently it is related to only the digital download version

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/97a323838b05edb084a55f04d48bd108bbd06b4f

l've tried some solutions

• Re-downloaded the game
    • Re-linked my PSN account with my sqaure enix account
    • Switched my PS4 on and off

Any help/ideas would be really appreciated, cheers duders

MaKiNbAcoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Try logging in to manage your SQEX account and see if it's listed as on there someplace. If not, delete everything FFXIV related on your PS4 and then try again from the disk.

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makinbacon:

On my square enix account the game is registered to my PS4.

l'm starting to think l need another code, The manual was missing in my copy and l'm starting to think there must have been a code on that like you get for some other games. Shouldn't have that issue since l bought it new :(

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I hope you don't get locked out because that would suck. I seem to always find fucking problems like this on peoples websites when I am entering codes for games. The MvC3 Limited editon came with a code to download Jill Valentine and Shuma Gorath at a separate date. It used the code and I never got the e-mail...

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zeik

Double check that you didn't accidentally create a second servive account when registering. I did that the first time I registered and it was a pain to resolve.

Your best bet is probably just to contact their customer service though.

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: Do you have it on PS4?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natedawg_kz: I do, but to be clear I did buy the PS3 version first. I don't think there's any real difference when it comes to registering though.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By musubi

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.