Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Should I be afraid to play this?

washingmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By washingmachine

Not because of all the bugs and save shit etc., I mean just because this seems way too daunting. I hear all this cool hidden depth stuff about Fez, but I'm wondering if it ever actually surfaces that stuff or if you just have to go and find it on your own?

I ask because I heard you can go through the entire game thinking it's just a straight-up platformer collecting shit without seeing any of the craziness. I don't want to miss out on that stuff but I fear it just may be too overwhelming for my tastes..

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@washingmachine: The oft-mentioned crazy shit in Fez surfaces toward the end of your first run and into New Game Plus. Before that, you're slowly introduced to weirdness but the game doesn't explicitly mention or tell you what's happening.

Honestly, if the idea of working out logic puzzles and learning a new, fictional language doesn't interest you, I'd say skip Fez. If you want, appreciate it from afar because it is a remarkable, weirdly personal thing.

Also the main title track is just... pure nostalgia.

washingmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By washingmachine

@Oldirtybearon said:

@washingmachine: The oft-mentioned crazy shit in Fez surfaces toward the end of your first run and into New Game Plus. Before that, you're slowly introduced to weirdness but the game doesn't explicitly mention or tell you what's happening.

Honestly, if the idea of working out logic puzzles and learning a new, fictional language doesn't interest you, I'd say skip Fez. If you want, appreciate it from afar because it is a remarkable, weirdly personal thing.

Also the main title track is just... pure nostalgia.

Cheers. I think I'll give it a go. If it does point towards that stuff in some way, then I'm happy to try it out.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Kyle

You don't have to worry about it your first time through. But also remember that the game wasn't really designed for a single person to discover everything themselves. You can always go look for hints online.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By TruthTellah

@washingmachine: heh. As the others said, most of the content is fine on your own; it really isn't -that- daunting. And since the end-game stuff after your first playthrough is meant for community-involvement, don't hesitate to jump to some hints and tips online. It's a great game to check out. :)

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

It does point slightly to some of that more subtle, deeper stuff, but there are basically no other games out there these days which ask from as much work on your part as this one when it comes to working out all the puzzles. I don't see any reason to be scared of a game like this, but if you're going to play it, you have been be prepared to think hard and work out a lot of stuff by yourself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.