Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Ready Player One

xupahdupah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By xupahdupah

I know Vinny mentioned it on the Bombcast, but I haven't heard it anywhere else.

Has anyone else read the book? And if you have, are you getting the illest Ready Player One vibe from everything that's happening with the game and the community? It's exciting just how similar it is to the book--the whole "community coming together" business. Even the leaderboard situations are similar, with people freaking out over those who have the highest percentages, wondering whether they're using glitches or not.

Overall, I'm enjoying Fez's metagame as much as I enjoyed the game. And I can't wait until the final (?) puzzle is solved.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Just listening to the Bombcast confirms my dark suspicions that Fez is 90% metagame. Great for some, but I've always hated ARGs.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

This terminology is alien to me

potoskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By potoskull

I'm currently reading the book, and it's awesome. This game totally gives me those vibes. Just like in the book you can't tell Phil Fish hid things that may be related to his own life and references to other video games. The only difference is we won't earn a fortune. It also would have been cool if the leader boards updated with the names of the people who found every little secret in the game.

dhuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By dhuff

Started reading it last night. Very similar. I expect Phil Fish has recently updated his last will and testament.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.