Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Fez coming to other platforms!

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By butano

Phil Fish over at Polytron on his news blog said that in 2013 he's planning on releasing Fez to multiple platforms. Which ones? He doesn't specify, but I'm glad myself and others without an Xbox will be able to play it on PS3, PC, etc.

2012 was crazy.

But what now?

2013 is going to be an interesting one, too.

For one, FEZ will finally be ported to other platforms.

Yes, i’ve heard you, dozens of people emailing me everyday telling me how much of an idiot i am for not porting FEZ to everything.

We also have some exciting plans for the soundtrack, and something about a US branch?

Source: http://polytroncorporation.com/

RX_78_2_Ver_Ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RX_78_2_Ver_Ka

One of the reasons I didn't pick up the 360 version was all the drama regarding the patch situation, so if it comes out on PSN, that would probably be remedied and I could pick it up then. I liked the demo, it gave off Cave Story vibes.

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By D_W

I really hope that indie devs are learning that they should either release their games on PC (or multiple platforms) first instead of launching on a console. This passed year showed how much better smaller games do on PC and had a lot of horror stories from indies releasing on consoles first.

Hopefully I'll be able to play Fez now and thankfully I was able to avoid and really massive spoilers.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Dylabaloo
    @D_W: It has a lot to do with Microsoft providing funding for these indie developers, which usually gives them a timed exclusivity, evidence of this can be seen with Bastion, Meat Boy and others. While some indie developers understandably don't have the resources or funds to invest in other platforms.
    Mr402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Mr402

Since I just traded in my 360 for a Wii U this is great news.

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#6  Edited By D_W

@Dylabaloo: Oh I know. It's great that many of this games can even get released, but it always breaks my heart when I hear about an indie dev getting screwed over due to patch prices or their game doesn't get advertised etc. Those things don't really happen on PC. Let's just face it, the console makers are behind philosophically when it comes to downloadable games currently. They're still trying older business models. Hopefully the next generation will solve a lot of those issues. If not I could see a lot of gaming enthusiast moving over to a living room PC or a steambox.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

von_wemberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By von_wemberg

Have been waiting for this news for... since the game came out. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.