Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Bombcast possible spoiler?

hughesie27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hughesie27

Hi guys, I am moist at the prospect of what this game appears to be. The bombcast and quicklook, along with Jeff's review make this sound like possible GOTY potential?

However in the bombcast they mention that there are QR codes in the game. Isn't this kind of spolerish? Or is it pretty obvious and not really a game changer?

Would hate to think that after all the mystery surrounding the puzzles in this game that they are dishing out solutions...

ps. I realise they say that it shouldn't spoil the game for anyone but I just wanted to gauge exactly how influential knowing this before going into the game could be...

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By jking47

If you have ever seen a QR code before in your life you will instantly recognize it, its not hidden in the environment or anything

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By UnrealDP

Yeah, it's not much of a spoiler and it's not like the whole QR code parts are masterclass moments of awe in that game. It's more like seeing a QR code and going "Ugh, I probably have to scan this, right?" and then scanning it to reveal a combination of LT RT.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By bkbroiler

So you don't even know that this is a spoiler, but you're scared that it possibly could be one? Sheesh.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

You literally see a huge QR code on a wall, so nothing spoiled.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TentPole

I think they spoiled a deal of the games impact. Would have rather learned the true nature of the game on my own. It is spoilers in the same way it would be a spoiler to tell someone that Portal 1 is more than just test chambers. You don't spoil the surprise but the very fact that there is a surprise is a spoil unto itself. That being said it is a videogame podcast and they are going to talk about games. I would have rather not known the true nature of the game before discovering it myself but that does not mean that the crew did anything improper.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By onan

@TentPole said:

I think they spoiled a deal of the games impact. Would have rather learned the true nature of the game on my own. It is spoilers in the same way it would be a spoiler to tell someone that Portal 1 is more than just test chambers. You don't spoil the surprise but the very fact that there is a surprise is a spoil unto itself. That being said it is a videogame podcast and they are going to talk about games. I would have rather not known the true nature of the game before discovering it myself but that does not mean that the crew did anything improper.

There are probably 100,000 games out there that have been released, with hundreds released every year at retail or in online stores. Unless you plan on playing and finding games at random, you will always have to encounter some amount of spoilers just to know it's something that might interest you.

Portal was a unique exception. The draw of the core mechanic was so appealing that I would have been happy with just the reality warping gameplay, but they snuck in a ton of unexpected humor and a compelling narrative. I did have a pretty amazing experience not knowing what I was actually getting, but would it have been terrible to know that it was going to be funny too? I don't think it would have.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Hardly a spoiler. I would have preferred it if I knew what this game is about before I bought it.

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By GioVANNI

Don't worry, they reveal a bigger spoiler on this week's podcast.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShaggE

@GioVANNI said:

For which game?

tsiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By tsiro

To be fair, it was kind of crazy first seeing a QR code in Fez. That was one of the moments where I started to realize "oh shit, this game might be really crazy".

But yeah, not much of a spoiler in a puzzle-solving sense. As posters above have said, if you've ever seen a QR code in your life, you'll immediately recognize it.

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GioVANNI

@ShaggE said:

@GioVANNI said:

For which game?

For Fez. They reveal an ability that you get in NG+. I wasn't really angry (because I have gotten all 64 cubes), but I was angry at myself for not even fucking knowing that this ability existed and that I never got to use it.

zegolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By zegolf

@GioVANNI: Just heard this spoiler this morning. Kinda lame to have spoiled that...

theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By theimmortalbum

@zegolf: I just got to it in the bombcast.. bah.. I'm not even to NG+ yet. :(

Thrillhouse87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Thrillhouse87

How important is the information you get from the QR codes? I don't have a phone that can scan them, will I have to keep googling "QR code #7 meaning" or something?

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Green_Incarnate

There is no special info from the QR code. Might as well google the answer.

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have been avoiding most talk about Fez to prevent puzzle solution spoilers, but I was glad to hear this week's "spoiler" (especially because it is not revealed in game.)

Lokno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lokno

What they said in that episode did help me along, actually. I had hit a wall of my own design and what they said made me realize I was missing something. Its hard to avoid all hints in the Internet age, but frankly I think Fez was designed with that in mind, to some extant.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.