Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fat Princess

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 30, 2009

The controversial Fat Princess sees the endless battle of red vs. blue comes to a fight between two kingdoms who have kidnapped each other's princess and are stuffing her with cake to make her rescue more difficult.

Would you get this game if it was on XBLA?

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ArchScabby

okay let me start by saying that I have both a 360 and PS3, and this question is mostly for people who have both consoles and don't have the game.  

I think this game looks really awesome, and if it was on XBLA I would have bought it the day it came out, but since it's only on the PS3 I don't have it.  I don't like playing mulitplayer games in general on the PS3 because nobody has mics or talks, and with a game like fat princess strategy and communication is really important, and while with party chat now on Live it might not have as many people talking, it's still a lot better than anything on PSN.  Also I don't have any real friends on my friends list on PS3, in fact the people on my PS3 friends list are all from Giantbomb, because I put my name in the thread for PSN names, and I've never even played with any of them.  All my friends are on Xbox Live, none have a PS3.

So is the only reason anyone else isn't buying this game because it's only on PS3?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

I have both systems and if this game came to 360, I would easily get it.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By killdave

Well I bought it on PSN and played it about 15 times then got bored. Havent been back to it since.  With hindsight I would not have paid for the game.

You are 100% right about the no mics / no one talking part though. Maybe thats why I kinda disliked it. (that and BOTS)

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JJOR64
    @killdave said:
    "  You are 100% right about the no mics / no one talking part though. Maybe thats why I kinda disliked it. (that and BOTS) "
    That's why I hate playing my PS3 online.  No one talks.
    killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By killdave
    @JJOR64 said:

" @killdave said:

"  You are 100% right about the no mics / no one talking part though. Maybe thats why I kinda disliked it. (that and BOTS) "
    That's why I hate playing my PS3 online.  No one talks. "
    Yeah they really need to fix this and include a damn mic with the system.
    I remember when I bought the PS3 a few weeks after launch and dispite the "extras" like WiFi .. they forgot a simple cheap working mic ^^
    Cost me £425 and no mic ^^ Hell, at the time that was the equivalent to $850 !! and no mic?
    $599? I wish it was that cheap.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince

No, because I could already get it on my PS3. I', sure people who have 360 only would though.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ArchScabby
    @LiquidPrince:  Yeah, but that's the point.  Even though I could get it on my PS3 I don't want to, because I don't like the experience I get playing multiplayer games on the PS3.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422

Obviously if someone has a PS3 already and like the game its assumed they would have it already and wouldn't purchase it twice....if you don't though, that's what this thread is for.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Probably not. Maybe if I played a demo and really liked it, but it's not particularly a game I'm interested in.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @ArchScabby: I prefer it. I always get amazing connection and rarely do I play a game where it has server issues, although that's out of my hands. Plus it's a free service.
    tranquilchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By tranquilchaos

yes, i would

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By nrain

I too own both PS3 and X360. I have no interest in buying the game on PS3 but I would if it was on 360 for the exact same reasons. Nobody talks and more freinds (all) on xlive. The only reason I bought a PS3 was for MGS4 and I have no reason to play on PSN when XLive is so much better, however the game that may change my mind on this is Uncharted 2. It's looking solid.
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By crusader8463

i would think about it, but in the end no i wouldn't. I refuse to buy marked up microsoft points when i could just as easily use my credit card. Now if they make a PC version that i can get on steam i would buy it in a heart beat.

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MAST

You know, it honestly only takes one post on a message board like this to end up with a full list of friends on your PS3 that all have mics. Seriously, it required barely any effort on my part, and my friends list is now almost full of people with mics, that all play the same games i do.

So yeah... I disagree with the "no mic" stigma that people keep attaching to the PS3.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By penguindust

No, because I already picked it up for my PS3.  I like the game and it suits me tastes and skill level.

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Matfei90

Yes I would love to see this game on XBL, and if the price was fair, I'd buy it straight away.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, love it on my ps3.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Babble

Yes. With Castle Crashers going to PSN maybe we do have a chance of Fat Princess coming to XBL, but I don't know if Sony has owns the studio, or bought any exclusive deals or anything. I haven't looked into it much.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By HairyMike87

I would try a demo. I'm not the hugest fan of strategy games.

AsianSwagger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By AsianSwagger

If it had came out for both,  I would of gotten it for the 360 because everyone would have mic's.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PufferFiz

These mics are SO over rated. yes they handy for these situations where team work is key. But I have one and rarely use it because most of the time there is no need.  Even when I play cod4 on the 360 half the time I don't bother putting my mic in and I usually end up at the beginning of the game muting ever one because no one says anything useful over mics it's shitting music or someone yelling or someone saying "Fuck you, you n****r F*g". So you guys are putting way to much faith in the community that if they were givin mics that it would make the game better. Honestly I suspect that there would be no significant inprovment if the ps3 came with a mic.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Synthballs

a bit late to the party but, I'd rather get it on XBLA if the choice was there,  it pretty much comes down to mics like everyone else.

@Babble said:

" Yes. With Castle Crashers going to PSN maybe we do have a chance of Fat Princess coming to XBL, but I don't know if Sony has owns the studio, or bought any exclusive deals or anything. I haven't looked into it much. "

I'm hoping you're onto something dude.
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EVO

I lost interest in this game after watching the Quick Look.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

No, Hind sight showed me its not a worthwhile purchase, the tactics are inane with rushing being the most affective tactic and it just wasn't worth the money.

retwakm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By retwakm
    @ArchScabby: yeah that sorta makes me angry that its not on xbox live because when i saw the first gameplay footage of it i was sold but then i saw it was only for PS3.
    rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rentfn

They should do it. I would buy it. They should do it.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Demyx

I have a PS3, and I don't plan on getting this game. Not really interested.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Karmum

Unlikely, I'd probably have a PS3 and this game before an XBLA port was announced (zero chance of this, though).

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Sure. Although in the next few months I'll probably be getting a PS3 Slim to finish my trifecta.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mattysen
    @PufferFiz said:
    " These mics are SO over rated. yes they handy for these situations where team work is key. But I have one and rarely use it because most of the time there is no need.  Even when I play cod4 on the 360 half the time I don't bother putting my mic in and I usually end up at the beginning of the game muting ever one because no one says anything useful over mics it's shitting music or someone yelling or someone saying "Fuck you, you n****r F*g". So you guys are putting way to much faith in the community that if they were givin mics that it would make the game better. Honestly I suspect that there would be no significant inprovment if the ps3 came with a mic. "
    Yeah they are some real dicks on xbox live. I started noticing this when Halo 3 came out, I dont play that much mulitplayer anymore. Also I dont even use a mic because everyone else in my house comes in and are like "what the fuck are you doing"
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#32  Edited By wefwefasdf

Heck yes.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PufferFiz
    @mattysen said:
    " @PufferFiz said:
    " These mics are SO over rated. yes they handy for these situations where team work is key. But I have one and rarely use it because most of the time there is no need.  Even when I play cod4 on the 360 half the time I don't bother putting my mic in and I usually end up at the beginning of the game muting ever one because no one says anything useful over mics it's shitting music or someone yelling or someone saying "Fuck you, you n****r F*g". So you guys are putting way to much faith in the community that if they were givin mics that it would make the game better. Honestly I suspect that there would be no significant inprovment if the ps3 came with a mic. "
    Yeah they are some real dicks on xbox live. I started noticing this when Halo 3 came out, I dont play that much mulitplayer anymore. Also I dont even use a mic because everyone else in my house comes in and are like "what the fuck are you doing" "
    Yeah same that is why I like on the official ps3 headset is the quick mute button for those times when people come in, That instead of ripping the wire out of the controller.
    mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mattysen
    @PufferFiz said:
    " @mattysen said:
    " @PufferFiz said:
    Yeah they are some real dicks on xbox live. I started noticing this when Halo 3 came out, I dont play that much mulitplayer anymore. Also I dont even use a mic because everyone else in my house comes in and are like "what the fuck are you doing" "
    Yeah same that is why I like on the official ps3 headset is the quick mute button for those times when people come in, That instead of ripping the wire out of the controller. "
    All the 360 headsets have a quick mute button..
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35  Edited By jonnyboy

No post-apocalyptic wasteland? No space marines? Then sure, I'm in.

zymase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36  Edited By zymase

I have it, and like it, but more of my friends own 360s and I'm sure I could get them to play, which with a party chat would be a blast.  It's well past time for Sony to introduce something like that, since random voice chat is more an annoyance than anything - I almost always disable it right off the bat.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By KamasamaK

No, because the game is mostly online and I do not have a Gold account.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.