Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 4

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 10, 2015

The Fallout series continues in a post-apocalyptic Boston, Massachusetts.

How does Bloody Mess Work?

TJK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does the body exploding into bits happen with every kill or only when the last hit the enemy takes before dying triggers the damage bonus? I think bloody mess would a be cool every once in awhile but i wouldnt want my enemies to blow up every single time. Itd be kind of dumb looking.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

This is why I never get that perk.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is a permanent damage increase to all attacks and it randomly does the explosion thing.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It adds 5% to your damage output, and it only randomly blows up the enemy, usually like every 4th or 5th thing you kill by the time you get more than two points into it.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The advantage of Bloody Mess is that you get a 5% damage increase. The bodies exploding is just funny.

TheBadYetiMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly it's also really handy if a dude is far away because if it's anything like FO3/NV, you can loot his gibs to get his stuff, so you can shoot a guy who's crazy high above you or w/e and then just check his eyeball when it splats down to get his gear

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloody Mess is kind of irrelevant these days, as opposed to the stat bonus. The game is so gory and violent on it's own that the explosion with Bloody Mess is LESS gory than the normal version.

Takoyaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebadyetiman: One of the drawbacks though, at least in F3, is that enemies exploding will send items in the world flying as well, so if you kill someone next a pile of stimpaks they'll go flying all over the place as well.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

@bananasfoster said:

Bloody Mess is kind of irrelevant these days, as opposed to the stat bonus. The game is so gory and violent on it's own that the explosion with Bloody Mess is LESS gory than the normal version.

This is kinda how I feel about it - the core game with heads and limbs blowing off is more visceral to me than just a full-body explosion.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want enemies exploding in slow motion every time they die

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the perk more than ever, as the max investment yields an effect very similar to the corpse-explosion spell from Diablo 2.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You skip out on a 15% across the board damage bonus and a chance to splash instagib surrounding enemies? That seems like crazy talk.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@korwin said:
    @artisanbreads said:

You skip out on a 15% across the board damage bonus and a chance to splash instagib surrounding enemies? That seems like crazy talk.

When I can get tons of other great perks that help me in other ways? Yes. Not like these games are hard anyways that you really need to min max them.

I want it to look cool/accurate when I cut some dudes head off!

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korwin said:
    @artisanbreads said:

When I can get tons of other great perks that help me in other ways? Yes. Not like these games are hard anyways that you really need to min max them.

I want it to look cool/accurate when I cut some dudes head off!

cutting people's heads off is the most hysterical animation in the game. Sometimes their head just hovers in place for a few seconds while their body goes flying off in some random direction.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A case for Bloody Mess:

I was fighting a nest of Deathclaws in a very spoilery location, and I was almost dead. I proc'd Nerd Rage and managed to VATS head shot a Deathclaw to death. He insta-gibbed. He also insta-gibbed right next to the Alpha Deathclaw that was giving me such a hard time, and guess what?

He too gibbed. At near full health.

If this sounds like it'd be useful, grab all four levels of Bloody Mess. If not, go about your business. To me, Bloody Mess is kind of a tradition at this point, so I'd grab it even if it sucked.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Blood mess is a permament damage increase. The gibbed effect is random however, though the chances of that happening are also increased and when it does happen its far gorier than it would be otherwise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.