Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EA Games

Company »

EA Games is a publishing label used by Electronic Arts for most of its non-sports titles.

EA customer service.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I was on a live chat with an EA employee who was helping me solving an issue with The Sims 3, I got to the point which I came across and error with installing a patch, he then tell me to wait a moment. I wait around 10 minutes and suddenly he ends the chat without notice.

Is this how EA treats their customers? That is disgusting. I've gotten responses from Steam that were helpful and quick and this is just bullshit.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Not to mention I have to wait in line again to get to a live chat EA employee but I'll probably have to do all the shit I already did again (give them certain information etc) just to get an answer.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FritzDude

I can confirm that EA is terrible with customer service. I sent an E-mail to them regarding crash etc in Shift 2 a while back. I got a completely different answer and when i replied telling them that the answer didn't do me any good they sent me the excact same mail.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Joeyoe31

It's EA, what were you expecting?

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ninjakiller

Origin....HAHAHAHHAHAHA!

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By huntad

I've had good experiences with EA customer service so far. They helped me make account changes, as well as give me veteran status so I don't really have any problems with them so far.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By benjaebe

@NekuSakuraba said:

Is this how EA treats their customers? That is disgusting. I've gotten responses from Steam that were helpful and quick and this is just bullshit.

You must be joking. For a company as big as Valve, Steam support is notoriously bad/slow and is known for taking at least a day or two to respond to any support messages they receive. EA support varies but I've also found them to be incredibly helpful and usually rather generous on occasion. It all depends on who you talk to I suppose.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@benjaebe said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

You must be joking. For a company as big as Valve, Steam support is notoriously bad/slow and is known for taking at least a day or two to respond to any support messages they receive. EA support varies but I've also found them to be incredibly helpful and usually rather generous on occasion. It all depends on who you talk to I suppose.

Well, I did speak to the Steam shipping support (about a product on the Valve store for merchandise) so maybe it was good due to it being a different department?

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Zelyre

Funny. I just read a thread on another forum where a user was bitching about EA's customer service in regards to BF3. I thought you were the same person.

A bunch of other people from the other forum have tons of horibad EA customer service stories. Most of them ending with the EA end of support disconnecting or leaving the customer sitting there.

One guy got a reply four hours later.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By N7

You should tell them you're reviewing it. That'll get some dedication out of them.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Ravenlight

@benjaebe said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

Steam Support is hella slow but I've never had anything but good experiences when I've had to contact them.

Also, live support should only be used as a last resort. Generally visiting official forums and googleing will lead you to step-by-step instructions to fix whatever's going wrong. Stop clogging up the support tubes on stuff you can fix yourselves, internet!

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By VisariLoyalist

what's most messed up is they force you to use their horrible services to gain certain features. They do this for their own marketing data. Then when you have issues with their horrible service they run from you like the plague.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Still have not solved the issue, I am speaking to someone now who seems to not want to help me. He kept me waiting and this is what happened -

you:It seems my Sim will be in a good mood no matter what needs or moodlets he is in. I have attempted resetting my sim but after a while the issue comes back.
    Marcus:ok one moment please
    you:hello?
    Marcus:Hello?
    you:yes
    you:I still am waiting for help
    Marcus:This is a in game issue so the best advise I can give you is go to the forums and see if anyone else is having this issue.
    you:I have
    you:I have been given much more help from chat before on this issue
    you:Various suggestions
    you:I have been having this issue for a while and it's preventing me from playing the game, I am not pleased.
    Marcus:One moment please
    you:Okay.

Let's see what happens next, hopefully it doesn't take them as long. =/

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Wow, fuck these guys, decided to go on a rant.

you:Are you going to help?
    Marcus:Trying what more can we do.
    Marcus:You can go to the forums and see if anyone has encountered this issue.
    you:Why would people on the forums know more than you? You have a job and get paid to do it, you should have the solutions and not them.
    you:I have posted this on the forums, no one is helping and EA technical support should know what to do.
    you:I've paid a large amount for the game and the expansions and it is my right to play them as intended.
    you:I have waited and talked to a few people on this live chat and no one has solved this issue, what more can I do?
    you:Not to mention I have to wait for a while to get responded to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.