Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2021

Concept »

After the cancellation of E3 2020 due to COVID-19, E3 returned as a digital-only event taking place from June 12-15.

The Official UBISOFT Thread

marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#1  Edited By marino  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Congrats to @whitegreyblack for claiming victory here on this year's Ubisoft banner.

Our runners-up were kone's Garfield banner and whitegreyblack's "this is fine" banner.

The Official UBISOFT Thread

That's not a dancing panda.
    That's not a dancing panda.

This year's E3 is obviously a weird one. But, Ubisoft always brings the weird like no one else. Whether it's dancing pandas, lazer tag, breathing games, or Mario with a gun, we all want to see what Ubisoft does next.

In an attempt to keep the E3 shenanigans organized, the mods institute these official discussion threads for each conference so that everybody has a go-to place to discuss them before, during, and after the show.

Despite the insanity of E3, keep in mind that the general site rules still apply. So, don't be a dick. If you need a refresher on to conduct yourself like an upstanding citizen of the Giant Bomb community, check out the FAQ.

Keep Discussions On Topic

This thread is exclusively for the general discussion of the Ubisoft show. Discussion involving the other company's conferences should be taken to their respective threads (once they're posted).

Specific Announcements

They obviously had to change the title.
    They obviously had to change the title.

To help you get where you need to go to talk about anything announced or shown during this press conference, we have created a list of them right here:

Where Can I Watch?

Saturday, June 12 @ 12:00 PM PDT (Your Local Time)

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think it's probably a good thing that Ubisoft went first with their presser... I don't have any overly negative things to say about it, but Mario + Rabbids is really the only thing they showed that I plan on getting.

Like Bakalar said on stream, it looks like fun could be had in that Riders game, but we'll see.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Seems like fans of Ubisoft games have a lot to look forward to. Whenever I give their games a shot they feel, like, 70% finished and it doesn't take long before I spend most of my time frustrated with whatever 30% of the game I don't like. I'll look at an Origins or Valhalla or whatever and get curious only to remember how little I got out of Far Cry 4 or Watch Dogs 2 and pull my debit card back.

I could be persuaded to grab the Mario+Rabbids game though, if only to have something besides Hades and Breath of the Wild on my Switch.

eukara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riders Republic looked like it could be fun, as long as it's going to be supported as well as something like Forza Horizon. I do miss the extreme sports games a little.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I hope they will have The Crew 3 in the near future, better set outside of America and not requiring an internet connection to play (Home console version).

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted to like Steep more than i did, if the snowboarding was better it could have carried the rest but everything being a bit mediocre made it very dull. Hopefully Riders gets it right.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Riders seemed interesting but that was about it for me. I don’t play Siege so nothing for me there - maybe it’s because the art team is made up of people that probably specialize in realistic military designs but the monsters seemed incredibly generic. Assassins Creed I actually just deleted off my Xbox today since I was done with the main story. The DLC don’t really look distinct enough to draw me back in. It’s just more green fields and fetch quests for lords. They announced France and i couldn’t tell if they were showing footage from the main game or the new DLC area.

Ultimately I was hoping for some surprise at the end but I guess we gotta wait till next year.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
    BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By BladeOfCreation

Extraction looks like a fun a co-op game. If E3 can be said to have a theme, it seems like this is the year of the co-op shooter.

I made the decision to shelf Valhalla after 80 hours. For those who enjoyed it more than me, it's a good thing they're releasing more content into the game's second year. That makes me think we won't be getting a new AC game next year, though.

We just got a copy of the first Mario&Rabbids, so I'll try it out and see if I have any interest in the sequel.

Letting you play as the Far Cry villains in a dedicated new mode is certainly a choice. Giancarlo Esposito saying that his character doesn't view himself as a villain is one thing, but that whole interview (from the Game Fest show) was weird.

Finally, I'll say this: for years, I've believed that game announcements at these shows should be subtitled. Ubisoft subtitled their entire presentation. I know that for most of us that isn't really a big deal; for some people it's a huge deal. More of this, please.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.