Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dying Light

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 27, 2015

Dying Light is a first-person, open world game set in a zombie apocalypse. The player character is able to free-run to get around the environment quickly.

£250,000 UK special edition is utterly ridiculous

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I heard about this this morning, I know this isn't the first time a game has had a ridiculous a special edition ( looking at you, Saints Row 4) but, offering a house/zombie shelter is a bit much. Also, where would this shelter go? How?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/386-000-dying-light-special-edition-announced/1100-6425493/

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have to imagine it's all just for a bit of free publicity, so I wonder how many times games can use this gimmick before people stop paying attention.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damodar: I was thinking the same thing. I was also thinking about the cost to the developer/publisher. I assume all the stuff that comes with this thing come out of a marketing budget, but if no ones buys it, you might as well burn that money.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@damodar: I was thinking the same thing. I was also thinking about the cost to the developer/publisher. I assume all the stuff that comes with this thing come out of a marketing budget, but if no ones buys it, you might as well burn that money.

None of the stuff in there has been bought yet. It's all just comarketing deals. Notice how the zombie shelter is "custom built", which means they'll only start building the thing after someone buys it.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

I'll take two and reselll it on eBay.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If someone buys it, they get publicity and money. If no one buys it, they get publicity and lose nothing.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: I'm not outraged, it's just hilarious when these kind of promotions happen. It's like when they used to give away Jetskis on game shows: an awesome prize, until you stop to think about it. Don't worry, I'm not the kind of person to be outraged at something so silly as this.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Karkarov

@corevi said:
    @panelhopper said:

None of the stuff in there has been bought yet. It's all just comarketing deals. Notice how the zombie shelter is "custom built", which means they'll only start building the thing after someone buys it.

Actually you can go to that companies website right now and order your own stand alone zombie cabin with solar panels and security cameras to the tune of 81k pounds. At that price it even includes pro install.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I'll wait until this special edition is discounted on Steam.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind having a life sized volatile statue tbh

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I like that it includes adult diapers. Also the shelter thing is just ridiculous.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.