Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Duke Nukem Forever

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

After approximately fourteen years of development, the heavily infamous sequel to Duke Nukem 3D was finally released, in which the macho Duke must damper yet another alien invasion.

Loved that game

Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Raineko

After watching the quicklook just from listening how bored Ryan and Jeff sounded I thought this game was gonna be bad, but I eventually got it.
    I just completed the game (on the PC, because that's the way it's meant to be played) and I think this game was awesome.
    I also played Duke3D and I have no idea wtf people are talking about when they say DNF is a worse game than that.  Except for the 2 weapon limit there isn't really anything that is worse in DNF.

The graphics are absolutely okay on the PC, the shooting works and is fun, the leveldesign feels old but is definitely not bad, the bosses are awesome.
    I think many people who hate on it didn't even play this game. And actually this shows that you shouldn't always believe something, just because Jeff (or some other big gaming site reviewer) says it.

I mean Jeff even started bashing the game before it even came out, he said that this game is never gonna be as good, as people think it will be, because of the hype. And he even was sick when he reviewed the game, which didn't make his mood better either.
    Also he didn't even understand what Duke was all about. His jokes are absolutely ridiculous and dumb that's exactly what it makes so funny. The jokes are meant to be cheap.
    For example when he said "I've got balls of fail." I laughed so hard because it didn't make ANY sense and was just purely for the lulz. 
    And honestly, who gives a fuck if the "America fuck yeah" joke is kinda old? I didn't at all.

I wouldn't necesserily say you should pay 60 bucks for it because it doesn't offer the same advanced technology like for example Crysis 2 but overall the game is absolutely not a bad shooter. For PC it isn't that expensive anyway.
    If you just want to run around, blow up aliens and listen to this ridiculous catchphrases, are not a kid who was born in 2000, have played older games in your life and don't hate them then I don't see why you shouldn't have fun with this.

Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Raineko

After watching the quicklook just from listening how bored Ryan and Jeff sounded I thought this game was gonna be bad, but I eventually got it.
    I just completed the game (on the PC, because that's the way it's meant to be played) and I think this game was awesome.
    I also played Duke3D and I have no idea wtf people are talking about when they say DNF is a worse game than that.  Except for the 2 weapon limit there isn't really anything that is worse in DNF.

The graphics are absolutely okay on the PC, the shooting works and is fun, the leveldesign feels old but is definitely not bad, the bosses are awesome.
    I think many people who hate on it didn't even play this game. And actually this shows that you shouldn't always believe something, just because Jeff (or some other big gaming site reviewer) says it.

I mean Jeff even started bashing the game before it even came out, he said that this game is never gonna be as good, as people think it will be, because of the hype. And he even was sick when he reviewed the game, which didn't make his mood better either.
    Also he didn't even understand what Duke was all about. His jokes are absolutely ridiculous and dumb that's exactly what it makes so funny. The jokes are meant to be cheap.
    For example when he said "I've got balls of fail." I laughed so hard because it didn't make ANY sense and was just purely for the lulz. 
    And honestly, who gives a fuck if the "America fuck yeah" joke is kinda old? I didn't at all.

I wouldn't necesserily say you should pay 60 bucks for it because it doesn't offer the same advanced technology like for example Crysis 2 but overall the game is absolutely not a bad shooter. For PC it isn't that expensive anyway.
    If you just want to run around, blow up aliens and listen to this ridiculous catchphrases, are not a kid who was born in 2000, have played older games in your life and don't hate them then I don't see why you shouldn't have fun with this.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By donchipotle

@Raineko said:

. For example when he said "I've got balls of fail." I laughed so hard because it didn't make ANY sense and was just purely for the lulz.

Yeah no wonder you liked it.

Loose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Loose

Oh look, another one of these threads.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By EuanDewar

It's like a Megamix compilation of DNF threads.

Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Raineko

Haha, knew those posts would come.

jelekeloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By jelekeloy

I disagree!

Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Raineko
    Actually @jelekeloy said:
    I disagree!
    Absolutely understandable opinion.
    Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Opinions!

I thought it was garbage and I was actually embarrassed by it, and I LOVE bad jokes and shitty one liners.

Opinions!

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

Everything you have said makes the game just sound average. What about it made it stand out or seem worth your time?

Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Raineko
    @TimAllen624 said:

Everything you have said makes the game just sound average. What about it made it stand out or seem worth your time?

The style of the game, just how ridiculously offensive it is.
    I can understand that some people don't like that humor, but why did they even buy this game, and if they didn't buy it why do they bother coming to these forums?
    lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lusence
    @Raineko: what your not here to bitch? jk... everyone has one, an opinion that is. 

anyways you mentioned the lvl design heralding feeling dated like from HL 2 or whatever.... Thats what i loved about this game, and about HL2. It makes you feel like your in a bigger world with more control. being able to hop in and out of your vehicle just makes things feel way more realistic... thats one thing about FPS games that they should of kept.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Bulletstorm is ridiculously offensive and hilarious. Duke could have been that, but he just walked around sounding incredibly bored with life.

But hey. If the words "balls of fail" makes you laugh, then you've obviously found the perfect game and I'm glad for you. I just got bored.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MikeGosot
    @PhatSeeJay said:

Bulletstorm is ridiculously offensive and hilarious. Duke could have been that, but he just walked around sounding incredibly bored with life.

But hey. If the words "balls of fail" makes you laugh, then you've obviously found the perfect game and I'm glad for you. I just got bored.

Bulletstorm is the new Duke Nukem.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.