Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Crown

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jul 25, 2013

From Vanillaware Ltd., developers of Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Odin Sphere, Dragon's Crown is a fantasy themed co-op beat-'em-up.

New Patch adds huge dungeon, new difficulty, raises cap

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So Vanillaware put out another patch for the game that adds quite a bit. The Level cap is now 255, there is a new dungeon called Tower of Mirages, and they added another difficulty level. Man, I just finished the game with all characters a few night ago, there is still so much ahead of me!

Glad to see Vanillaware supporting this game with updates months after release. It sold really well too so the game is a success :)

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By HH

i want to go back to it, i'm closing in on level 60 with a dwarf, but i feel like i should be reading up on the NG+ boss fights, the run-ins so far have been confusing and unsuccessful, and i feel bad for my team if i don't know what i'm doing. but i just have trouble sitting down to study for a computer game, i never really got to experience the end game in WoW because of this, i just don't like to meta, at all, i like to discover things on my own terms, but maybe i should just man up and do it, cos i do want to play more of this game. anyone got links to useful vids?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xyzygy

@hh: I haven't gotten to that point yet, but I have beaten a few of the Hard difficulty bosses on my Elf and they definitely take a huge step up in difficulty. I am kind of excited to face them in the higher difficulties.

I had major problems fighting Medusa on Hard the other night.... but that was also probably because all my equipment was broken by the time I reached her at the end of that level of Labyrinth of Chaos.

Do the bosses really need studying on higher levels though? Are you sure you just don't have your equipment up to snuff, and have a good party/play online?

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HH

@xyzygy said:

@hh: Do the bosses really need studying on higher levels though? Are you sure you just don't have your equipment up to snuff, and have a good party/play online?

i don't know, maybe it just feels that way to me, i can see team-mates running clear at certain points and acting in unison at times, while i'm all caught up in some frenzied attack and about to die. i take pretty good care of what resistances and attacks i'm wielding for each dungeon - one of the things i love about the game - but maybe it's just that it's so chaotic in there and i need to get more familiar with what's going on beyond my own rotation, but i guess it never hurts to read up on boss attacks and weaknesses anyway.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is pretty sweet, flies in the face of all the DLC bullshit. I suppose I'll eventually get around to playing this but I'm almost certain the Vita version will be free on PS+ at some point.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

That is neat for sure but I think Im done with Dragons Crown. Im waist deep in PS4 nonsense now.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xyzygy

@fredchuckdave said:

This is pretty sweet, flies in the face of all the DLC bullshit. I suppose I'll eventually get around to playing this but I'm almost certain the Vita version will be free on PS+ at some point.

If some day you're just hankering for some amazing old school meets new school 2d RPG brawling, you should definitely support this game by buying it. Vanillaware is a wonderful developer (this patch for example) and the game deserves your money. But free on PS+ is good too. I too am playing on Vita and it's a blast.

@hh See with me, I haven't even started the whole keeping separate bags thing for different dungeons. With the Elf, Amazon, Dwarf and Warrior I don't need that, but with Wizard and Sorceress it's almost essential. Trying to complete the Forgotten Sanctuary on Hard with a Fire rod/wand is really painful, but it's my own fault that I don't have backup bags for other elements and resistant gear. Guess I will have to start doing that now since all characters are on hard.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Hells yes. I should get back into this soon. Busy with Xillia at the moment though... And that is gonna take some time. XD

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Man, the elf is so fun in this game. Good on them for giving me more reasons to play it.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HH

@xyzygy: yeh the game is pretty good about letting you see all the content without worrying about that stuff, then introducing the difficulty curve later. i only sorted out the bags thing in the last ten or so levels, and it can be a lot to take care of, even for just one character sorting through all that loot is a big task.

i like the multiplayer aspect, but as usual there is the element of being hurried along, there are quite a few quests that i wasn't able to figure out on my own, and now at the level i am, soloing the higher-road bosses seems impossible so it's full party or nothing, which means the pacing is out my hands, sometimes you learn a few things on a run, sometimes you don't get the chance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.