Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Crown

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jul 25, 2013

From Vanillaware Ltd., developers of Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Odin Sphere, Dragon's Crown is a fantasy themed co-op beat-'em-up.

Dragon's crown is fantastic!

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JZ

I bought it a few days ago and utterly love it. It's my 2014 2013 game of the year.

I've played it so much I almost have the platinum. It's fucking great go buy it now.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@jz: That... is a lot of Dragon's Crown in just a few days.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JZ
    Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hoping that pops up on PS+ at some point, maybe as both versions at the same time!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dragon's Crown is pretty damn awesome, ignoring the ridiculous helpless females (just press X as fast as possible and all is well with the world). It does take a while to get to the online part, but it's just really neat jumping in random games and then going as long as you can through several consecutive dungeons. While technically a beat'em up it has a fair amount of depth on the combat front and a ridiculous amount of depth on the customization front; it's basically a good Diablo type game just in a different setting. Dem loots.

You even get to customize the shape of your name, so my character has a diagonally angled giant D, a tiny i and n, and then an giant diagonally angled K to the opposite direction; it's beautiful. I also can't get over how great some of the custom free DLC narration voices are. That dude from Culling of Stratholme in WoW narrating a whole game, fantastic.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I platinumed it too. It's a really, really phenomenal game.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't get the platinum, probably won't, but yes it is indeed a pretty great game.

I just wish playing online didn't have as much lag. You get some good ones sometimes, but there's always some delay.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did a playthrough as an elf and enjoyed it. I don't have anyone to play online with though and I've found the final boss was designed with multiplayer in mind and I'm unable to beat him. It's frustrating.

I'm not nuts about it, I just feel like an unreasonable amount of the fun of that game is locked away for multiplayer. I understand that's largely a quality of the genre but it still cut my time with the game short.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Aetheldod

@bluefish: It is beatable ... you can carry npcs as well , altho I beat him with the Amazon , the 4 times 0_0 (it was hard the 4th time). Just buy /carry a shit ton of health consumables.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ive just recently bought as well after going through Double Dragon Neon (which was surprisingly fantastic) and i wanted another beat em up. I wish the online co-op was available from the get go and it was a cross buy title but the game is fantastic. Loving the archer.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluefish: It is beatable ... you can carry npcs as well , altho I beat him with the Amazon , the 4 times 0_0 (it was hard the 4th time). Just buy /carry a shit ton of health consumables.

I feel like it probably is. But the AI's get killed immediately and the fight just drags on and at that point I question why I should keep playing.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@thebunnyhunter: Also worth noting is that the game has Hitoshi Sakimoto composing, also known as the Vagrant Story (and FFXII/Tactics) composer; the best game ever made. There's a ton of great ambience and musical tones straight out of VS; can't get enough. It might not have Double Dragon Neon's incredible vocal soundtrack, but it's still damn good on that front.

Daouzin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Just wanted to be bump this and say yes, this game is awesome. I wish the art direction didn't take over the conversation when it came out, though I think it was completely fair.

I bought it during the sale to play with my roommates and expected to like it a decent amount, but all three of us are blown away by how great it is. Surprise hit for my place.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.