Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Crown

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jul 25, 2013

From Vanillaware Ltd., developers of Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Odin Sphere, Dragon's Crown is a fantasy themed co-op beat-'em-up.

14 minute gameplay video.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Here are 14 minutes of glorious Dragon's Crown gameplay^^

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Awesome ... too bad that the players in tht vid are terrible , I do hope the game last around 10 hours at least tho.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Awesome ... too bad that the players in tht vid are terrible , I do hope the game last around 10 hours at least tho.

It is supposed to be about 20 hours to clear one character. Obviously there will be a good deal of repetition for the main parts of each character story.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@endaround: 20 hours? well I´ll be damn that is a long game :D now I´m hype for it

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Oh maaaaaan that just got me super hype. I think Ill play the elf girl or the Amazon first.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By McGhee

Music really reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics. Awesome.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By bacongames

Ehh there's something really off about a lot of this. Maybe it does come down to taste but that Streets of Rage style character movement never felt like it could last or be any good in the post-arcade era. That or it's one of those instances where it works due to a combination of nostalgia and simplicity to allow Final Fight to work but not this in 2013.

But that aside, there's something bootsy about the art in general and the way it all looks put together. The character art is either baroque anime, grotesque, or just gross. The poses for some of the characters and the weird artificial undulation added onto practically everything in those portrait moments just puts me off completely. Yeah, I'm gonna go with that, bad but mostly gross.

I'm gonna be that jerk and say nothing about this looks great. *shrugs, slowly puts up fists and looks around*

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

This game isn't cross-buy right? I'll probably just get it on Vita if that's the case.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Grissefar

Ugh it looks so good - why does it have to be a coop brawler?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks kind of boring in the same way that Dynasty Warriors looks boring to an observer, looks visually nice though; plus there's boobs.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@bacongames:

Hey man, you like what you like and vice versa. I totally get it, the animation threw me off in a big way the first time I saw it, Which was a short clip of the Knight and the Dwarf riding those insane tigers. It just looked incoherent. Having seen more footage over the past year has completely changed my mind, that's how these things go.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bacongames

@reisz said:

@bacongames:

Hey man, you like what you like and vice versa. I totally get it, the animation threw me off in a big way the first time I saw it, Which was a short clip of the Knight and the Dwarf riding those insane tigers. It just looked incoherent. Having seen more footage over the past year has completely changed my mind, that's how these things go.

I agree but yeah, I can't help but feel like there's gonna be a polarized reaction to the game both looking at gameplay and aesthetics when it comes out. I guess final judgements will be passed when it comes out. Outside of being into the specifics of the aesthetic style overall, I can't see this really shaking things up unless you're already into this sort of thing however you choose to interpret "thing."

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bacongames: I think the art direction has really been turned up a notch with this game as opposed to earlier titles drawn by the same team and not in a good way. I nearly lost my shit when I saw the knight's baby head under the helmet.

That said I'm a massive beat em up fan and loved D&D: Shadow Over Mystara so I'm still super hype for this.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

This game isn't cross-buy right? I'll probably just get it on Vita if that's the case.

Yeah, I'm gonna pick it up on the Vita as well, since I recently got Muramasa for it. Hopefully they eventually release Odin Sphere as well. Hopefully I'm not tempted into buying the PS3 version as well =)

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professork said:

@bacongames: I think the art direction has really been turned up a notch with this game as opposed to earlier titles drawn by the same team and not in a good way. I nearly lost my shit when I saw the knight's baby head under the helmet.

That said I'm a massive beat em up fan and loved D&D: Shadow Over Mystara so I'm still super hype for this.

Yeah you know that's a good way to put it. I loved the look of something like Muramasa (the game itself just wasn't my thing) but this feels like that but overdone. Really though the sticking point for me is less the art per se but the characters.

Interesting that there are people who are still into this genre as its presented here. To me Shadow of Mystara looked dreadfully boring so I'm glad someone gave me more data points to help explain people's excitement for this game.

thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bacongames: I also don't care for that kind of game, but watching that gameplay demo made me think it'd be alright on the Vita. As good as I think some of that art would look on a big screen, all that cursor-based stuff seems like it would make more sense on a touch screen. Zero interest in using an analog stick for that.

I mean, I guess it'd be alright on the Vita; in the hypothetical universe where watching the game being played made me want to play it, I think the Vita would be the right platform. However, this extended gameplay demo did more to cancel my preorder than the grotesque character designs ever could. @fredchuckdave's Dynasty Warriors comparison seems apt in terms of visual appeal vs. gameplay appeal, which is a trap I fall into more often than I care to admit.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebrainninja:

I can relate, my original experience with Muramasa on the Wii was miserable but being able to put the game to sleep and playing in shorter bursts wherever made a world of difference.

I like simple brawler gameplay when it's tight, challenging and nuanced. I didn't flip my shit about the art of An Elysian Tail but I thought the combat was way too loose and lenient even on the hardest setting, just a couple X-Y combos and Fidget's abilities which all serve the same purpose.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: Famitsu have said the vita touch control is much better for looting than either the sticks or the d-pad. Granted Famitsu reviews are useless but they seems to be loving it.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already pre-ordered both(VITA and PS3). I hope they send me two art books(amazon pre-order)

I for one can't wait for the obscene amounts of butthurt from the gawker-crowd.

fdsavcxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.