Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 27, 1992

Dragon Quest V is a turn-based RPG released in 1992 and is the fifth installment in the popular Dragon Quest series. It is also the second entry in the Zenithia Trilogy, and one of the most popular games in the franchise.

DQ V: Reprinted and now in stock at Amazon! HURRY!

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By fenixrevolution

For those that missed out on this or don't feel like paying the inflated prices through ebay, Amazon appears to have gotten this game back in stock. You may want to hurry, just to be safe.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NegativeCero

Yeah, it's been in stock for about a week. Still don't want to bite at $40 though. 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

Dragon Quest V is easily one of the best games in the series with easily one of its most unique plotlines.  Any fan of RPGs that hasn't given it a whirl yet really should.

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By liako21

just got this off amazon for $11. What a steal. Truly a great game with a wonderful story. Personally dragon quest should have stuck this model of game where you play as a set hero with set characters who are in your party, unlike in 9 where you start your party from scratch and it feels like there is no life to them.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BoG

I've been meaning to purchase this. Thanks for the info. I place an order, and did the silly Prime trial to get some free shipping (better cancel that immediatel, though). As a JRPG fan, I'm ashamed to say that I've never played a DQ game for more than a few minutes. This will be the one!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel

@liako21 said:

just got this off amazon for $11. What a steal. Truly a great game with a wonderful story. Personally dragon quest should have stuck this model of game where you play as a set hero with set characters who are in your party, unlike in 9 where you start your party from scratch and it feels like there is no life to them.

The story presentation in Dragon Quest is always different from game to game. Each of these games has their own unique stories to tell.

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By liako21

I feel that your party members that you travel with should have a story to tell. In DQV and VIII (the other two DQ games I have played) your party members have back story to them and you meet then while traveling. You dont go to some Inn and custom generate them like in DQ9. Also in DQ9 when it goes to a cut scene that is part of the story your party members arent even there! they mean nothing besides helping to keep you alive in battle.

@BoG said:

I've been meaning to purchase this. Thanks for the info. I place an order, and did the silly Prime trial to get some free shipping (better cancel that immediatel, though). As a JRPG fan, I'm ashamed to say that I've never played a DQ game for more than a few minutes. This will be the one!

haha I did the same thing!

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Jams

I've been looking for a good RPG to play on my dusty old DS. I had gotten FF XII a couple of years ago but the combat in that one is a special kind of junk. Looking forward to playing it.

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By phish09

Picked mine up used at EB Games for about $15 a few months back. Still playing it. I've hit a wall now where I'm gonna need to grind it out...for the first time in roughly 35 hours. Awesome game. Great story, really simple and elegant combat system, and some pretty unique enemies (for a Dragon Quest game). It's an awesome game to play while still waiting for some good 3DS jrpg's to hit the shelves.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.