Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 11, 2009

The most recent installment of the "Dragon Quest" franchise debuts exclusively on the DS. It features 4 player co-op and turn-based combat.

What is deftness?

tuque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By tuque

I'm looking at my character stats and there's one that I can't map to any particular skill in my brain: Deftness. What does deftness do to affect a character?

Tiger_Walts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Tiger_Walts

It's the main stat for Thief and Ranger classes. It's a bit like agility from what I gather but of a more sneaky nature. Along with other stats it'll determine whether you manage to surprise the monsters during an encounter and get a free round of turns. It may also contribute to the attack order in the first round and possibly subsequent rounds too. It probably has an influence on damage dealt using daggers and bows too as well as determining the success of certain class skills, like stealing.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Booklet: Deftness governs a character's ability to make preemptive strikes, perform critical attacks, and flee from battle.

tuque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By tuque

Wow, I believe I just got served. On that note, I finally got un-lazy enough to sit down and RTFM. By not doing reading I had missed the explanation of Deftness, AND I also missed that Patty allows you to create new characters for your party! That would have made the boss battles easier!

New personal rule: RTFM for every RPG, no matter how boring. 

Thanks SteamPunkJin

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.