Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

Dota 2 Spectator Client opened to everyone!

indiefinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indiefinch

Just announced over at - http://blog.dota2.com/

The Dota 2 client is now available to anyone with a Steam account. The catch is, you can only spectate live games / tournaments until the server capacity is increased. Once that happens, you will be able to play games. If you see matches and want to dive in, you can purchase the Early Access bundle for $30. If you have yet to see Dota 2, now is a great time to just download the client and see what it is about.

It looks like open beta is right around the corner, I would expect it to be fully open by the end of September.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By kindgineer

Not a big deal for myself, but that is pretty sweet for those without beta access. I have found myself leaving spectator mode on while I do house-hold chores and seeing some crazy encounters.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By CatsAkimbo

It kinda bothers me how people act like this game is already released, so you should obviously know all this DOTA 2 specific stuff they're talking about, but at least this is a step closer to actual release for people like me who still haven't gotten an invite.

Roddykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Roddykat

Except for not being able to download the client though Steam says I own the game, this would be cool to. Guess it's not as available as it says it is.

indiefinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By indiefinch

@Roddykat said:

Except for not being able to download the client though Steam says I own the game, this would be cool to. Guess it's not as available as it says it is.

Are you already playing the beta? The spectator client is the exact same version as the current Dota 2 client. The only difference is the "Play" tab is grayed out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.