Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dishonored

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

After the Empress is killed, her most loyal bodyguard, Corvo, becomes the prime suspect, and must track down those who murdered his charge and betrayed him in order to enact his bloody revenge.

Worth Completing?

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dacnomaniac

So I bought this game on my Xbox because of the sales, and I haven't had much time on my hands recently. I'm currently at the part with Slackjaw, and Granny (spolier-free), and haven't been motivated enough to play it recently. So my question is, is the game worth completing?

P.S. I'm also doing a non-lethal playthrough

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

The game is really good up until the last hour.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bell_End

i found the start a bit boring but as i got more powers it became much more fun.

the level in the brothel was fantastic.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Coafi

@Dacnomaniac: I think you have a couple of missions left, personally I loved the game. If you ain't feeling it...stop playing it? Maybe you should put it off for a few days and come back to it if.

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dacnomaniac

@Coafi: I don't know what it is, maybe because i'm doing it non-lethal, and some of the non-lethal mechanics are fucking stupid...I just get frustrated and don't want to play it anymore...I haven't touched it in well over a week.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Funkydupe

"Meh" I say.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

@Dacnomaniac: I really liked it. Was one of my top games last year and I also did a no-alert , no kills play through. It just seemed more fun and more challenging playing that way.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By WalkerTR77

@Dacnomaniac: It was one of my favourite games of the year. I also went mostly non lethal, going entirely non lethal is somewhat unnecessary and needlessly frustrating. Try playing a little more leniently, nothing too chaotic but drop a few guys when it comes to it.

I recommend upgrading the blink ability fully and purchasing the agility power. These two combined make traversal and ergo a stealthy approach much more viable.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By morningstar

I'm having a blast now that I've stopped reloading every time I get spotted. Just adapting to each situation and using powers is a lot of fun. And when you manage to pull off some master assassin moves it feels very rewarding.

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE

Before you stop playing switch your play style to a murderous psychopath and see the game at its most fun.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I honestly thought it was a total let-down. It is no where near a "9" game that the reviewers gave it. It's about a 7. It's slow at the beginning. The Ending is a REALLY big letdown. The art style is nice. The story is cliche and boring. The characters are uninteresting.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By oraknabo

If you are worried at all about the last hour of the game, there is a way to basically bypass the entire fortress in the final level. I only had to deal with maybe 4-5 of them at the very end of it.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Klei

People don't like the ending because the game ends. No moon child handing you different endings, it just end. Old school 98' style. No fucking bullshit. Game is a modern classic for me; it does everything right. Including its ending.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OfficeGamer

I return to it once every two weeks and find myself quitting soon after. I love me some old-school-esque PC stealth games, and I can even see how the non-stealth is fun, but the game is just cartoony and feels like an arcade machine. It's boring, in other words. The AI is not too smart either.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By Humanity

@Dacnomaniac: Stop playing non lethal and just start using all your powers and slitting throats left and right while still maintaining a healthy dose of stealth. That made me enjoy playing the game a lot more. The ending is far from being like cool games in '98 because even those games had decent outro movies. Dishonored just kinda says "thanks for playing" and wraps up which is only a shame because you expect so much more from all this choice you've been given thus far in how you handle different situations. The only time you ever see direct results from one of your options is with the high Priest and even that is kind of easy to overlook.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By phantomzxro

@Klei said:

People don't like the ending because the game ends. No moon child handing you different endings, it just end. Old school 98' style. No fucking bullshit. Game is a modern classic for me; it does everything right. Including its ending.

Well i don't think people are talking about those endings with praise and i guess your right in it just a old school style ending with no added crap. My problem is that it just sort of ends when you wanted things explained or given context. Not bad in my book and far far better handled then say assassin's creed 3.

@Dacnomaniac said:

So I bought this game on my Xbox because of the sales, and I haven't had much time on my hands recently. I'm currently at the part with Slackjaw, and Granny (spolier-free), and haven't been motivated enough to play it recently. So my question is, is the game worth completing?

P.S. I'm also doing a non-lethal playthrough

I say why not finish the game. It's not all that long and like someone said save before you mess up and go nuts then reload back. It was a good way to let lose the frustrations i had with the game.

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dacnomaniac

@Humanity: Buh duh cheeve. D':

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Deranged

You'll find yourself becoming annoyed at the "stealth" options the game gives you. Just go for the kills, makes it far more enjoyable.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By Humanity

@Dacnomaniac said:

@Humanity: Buh duh cheeve. D':

You can settle for dealing with all situations in a non lethal way achievement instead. At some point you gotta ask yourself if having fun is worth the trouble of the achievement.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RazielCuts

@Demoskinos said:

@Dacnomaniac: I really liked it. Was one of my top games last year and I also did a no-alert , no kills play through. It just seemed more fun and more challenging playing that way.

This. Although at the time the ending really pissed me off at how it just 'ends'.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vikingdeath1

yes, yes it is.

KingHippp0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By KingHippp0

Fire it back up and play it as an inglorious basterd. You can thank me later.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.