The seventh mainline Disgaea game.

2023's GOTY is slated for an autumn release and angels are singing

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

According to RPS here, Disgaea 7, the game that will indubitably bring back the term "boner pants" from The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard, will see a release on Steam this fall. It's already out in Japan, where I'm sure the masses have skipped work, school, weddings, and funerals to play the latest of the end-all game series.

Oh, there's also some announcements about Rhapsody 2 and 3 making it to Steam too, but we're talking about throwing exploding penguins here.

Okay. Good talk. Get back out there. Do good. Make smart choices.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

I didn't know there was a 6th out already, let alone a 7th Disgaea.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dochaus: VI was a weird one. They swapped to a new graphics engine and the number of classes and some of the mechanics seemed halved as a result. It also introduced an auto-battle system that allowed you to power level characters repeatedly within a level without having to touch the game, which made it feel something more like an idle game at times.

It wasn't bad, but it definitely felt incomplete. I'd play V or D2 over it, if I'm honest.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Shindig

I may have played seconds of a Disgaea once. I saw a penguin. This is that game, right?

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

@shindig: Yeah the game with the blue penguins called Prinnies that go "dood!" Also some shenanigans about the various Overlords of Hell and mountains of grinding to do in the game. I don't remember much else off hand.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a turn-based squad SRPG, not entirely dissimilar to something like Tactics Ogre or Final Fantasy Tactics, but it's full of the most anime nonsense in video games. The end game is also insanely deep. As in you have to be insane to love it. I'm insane. I love it. But it really is something else, and if you like JRPGs in general, it's worth at least a look..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.