Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 25, 2014

An expansion to Diablo III that adds the Crusader class, a new area called Westmarch, and a new evil to fight in Malthael, the angel of death.

Anyone playing this?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I got back into Diablo III. I never played it too much, so I wiped all my characters and started from scratch. It was fun. I have a max level Wizard now and I am looking to start a new seasonal character.

Is anyone still playing this and want to play season 6? I've never played a season and am curious what it is about. Would be fun playing with some other people.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I've been wanting to jump into this game for a while now but Doom and the new DOTA2 battle pass are sucking up my time. So many good games in 2015 and '16 constantly coming out has me not really visiting my backlog much.

css_switchfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I played it when it first came out, beat the game on normal and nightmare, and didn't find a single legendary or set item. I enjoyed playing through it single player but stopped once I beat nightmare.

I picked it up again at the start of season 6, and had fun with it for a few weeks.

Seasons are basically a mode that gives people an excuse to start from scratch. The flow is to level to max as fast as possible then complete season objectives for the free class set. After that its just a grind-fest to farm items to allow you to clear greater rifts at increasing tier levels.

The funnest part of the game for me was hitting max level and making my own builds that got me to about torment 6. After that the viable builds and item sets narrows very quickly for each character to be able to survive and kill mobs at the higher torment and greater rift levels. That got old quick for me and I put it down.

I did enjoy coming back to it though, and the adventure mode and rift system was cool.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always come back to D3 on PC.

Been running monk build for T10 rift farming.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

Been playing to 70 and beyond on one character every season so far. Game still awesome. They add enough new stuff every season to make it new, like the myriad of cosmetic items and pets this time.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShaggE

I've been playing D3 for quite a while, but I was ultra-late to the ROS party. Love it, though. My primary is a monk, but I'm itching to dive deeper into the other classes.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a GB clan but I'm not sure how active it is. I've rarely gotten in many game with people from it.

I usually come back to the game for a while when the new season starts and play until I've had my fill.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been playing to 70 and beyond on one character every season so far. Game still awesome. They add enough new stuff every season to make it new, like the myriad of cosmetic items and pets this time.

Speaking of which, how do you even get pets? I don't see them among this season's rewards?

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I haven't been back in a long, long while - pretty much since the expansion. Had a moderate amount of fun with it but didn't feel the itch to go back. It just wasn't what I wanted out of a Diablo game.

I know they released a bunch of free content after RoS. Anyone know if any of that made it worthwhile to check out again?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I play like once every three months or so for a week-ish, generally pretty fun on console. PC experience is fine as well but I've played enough of that at this point (~550 hours, mostly pre nerf Inferno stuff). Being able to pause the game is nice a la D2. Not having leaderboards is a plus since I don't have to worry about no-lifing it.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I'm skipping season 6. There haven't really been any major changes since 5, like we had for every other season. So it's not as enticing to me.

Plus, I have a full plate of other games to chew through still.

CcFfBb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By CcFfBb

Random thought: What if I play Diablo III while listening to Upbeat Jazz.

Me: Take that, Diablo. And that. And that.

Miles Davis plays the battle music.

Me: Let me check the loot this time.

Charles Mingus plays the victory music.

Me: Let me start a new character.

Miles Davis and Charles Mingus get back on stage. Let's play.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I'm skipping Season 6 as well. I've played every other Season before this, but there are just not enough meaningful changes this time around. Couple that with all of the other games out that I want to play, and I just don't have time for Diablo right now. I'll certainly go back to it at some point, though. It's one of my favorite games of the last few years.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I keep wanting to play this, but end up getting distracted by other shit.

Maybe this thread will be motivation for me to finally get into D3.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

@zevvion: You "just" have to find the new kind of Treasure Goblin and kill him. Every time you see one there is a random chance which goblin it is. And since there are a lot of them now it seems the chances to get the right one is slim. I haven't seen one yet, but I am only playing on T3 so far. At least they have made it so that pets are an account unlock, not character, and you won't get the same pet twice.
    Oh, and I think you won't get the right kind of goblin in rifts, so better to do bounties or something.

heaveninblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm up for some Dahblo. I've got a ~ level 20 monk in season 6.

HeavenNBlack#1283

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

heaveninblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By heaveninblack

@zevvion: Sure, sounds good. I play fairly randomly though, so I'm good with just dropping in when we're both playing.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm only casually playing Season 6 (just enough to get the banners/stash tab/etc.), not grinding for leaderboard rank like previous seasons, because they changed almost nothing from Season 5, which is super disappointing because the multiplayer meta for top-end leaderboards is fundamentally broken and has been for multiple seasons now.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just completed Act III of Season 6 and received the first package with 2 pieces of the exclusive armor for this season. God...damn, that shit is OP. For wearing those 2 pieces on my Demon Hunter, the skill Companion which usually let's you choose between one of five companions, calls all five of them to you at once. It's kinda nuts. The next tier of 3 pieces will give my Sentries 400% more damage (like, what the fuck) while they also gain the ability to cast spells when I cast them. Lastly, for wearing 4 armor pieces my primary skills will deal 800% more damage for each Sentry that is out. Since I can place 4, that's 3200% additional damage (like what the actual fuck).

Definitely worth playing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.