Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 25, 2014

An expansion to Diablo III that adds the Crusader class, a new area called Westmarch, and a new evil to fight in Malthael, the angel of death.

Ache in index finger playing D3

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does anyone experience a simiar ache in the joints of the index finger when they play games like D3 where you have to click constantly? I have a Logitech gaming mouse which is comfortable to hold, but I am getting worried now that my days playing KB/M games is coming to and end.

I don't want to have hand problems when I get older, I had wrist issues from using a mouse at work that was too small for my hand and I had sharp pains in my wrist which caused me severe agony when trying to wipe my ass.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

On occasion, sure. I just make sure to take breaks if I reach that point, sometimes even taking a day or two off from the game in question. My shoulder aches every so often from sitting in my chair so often, which is another instance where I take a break. The best advice is probably to just exercise some caution and not overdo it too frequently. It isn't worth hurting yourself permanently.

Harknett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You can hold the mouse button down to continue attacking in Diablo now.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My left hand, which is manipulating the 1-4 keyboard keys for skills, gets much more pain in it than my mouse hand. When I start to get an ache, I usually take a break and try to do something else, like watch TV or read, whatever isn't on the computer. I also try to alternate stretching my hand and resting it.

Really, it's important to try and take breaks even if you're on a roll. I always want to keep going if I am having really good Rift luck in D3, but it's not worth killing your hands to do it. So even if you don't feel a cramp or an ache coming on, it's just good practice to alternate other activities so that you don't over do it.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Most of my pain comes from my wrist since I play a Demon Hunter. Every single click is accompanied by a move of the mouse from one side of the screen to the other side of the screen. And every single attack I do requires two clicks.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If you're getting that pain often then it's likely a clear indication you're playing too much and should probably take more breaks in between game sessions.

@harknett said:

Now? This has always been a thing since Diablo 1.

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By chobobot

It's not pain, more like an ache similar to when you haven't done physical activity in a while and then you get those aches the day after.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@harknett said:

If 'now' means 'forever,' then sure.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chobobot: Get one of those hand exercisers or a hard rubber ball and use it a couple of times a day. I find it really helps work out any aches or pains I get in my wrist from using a mouse.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Never had any finger trouble, occasionally my right hand above (below?) the wrist will ache when playing a mouse heavy game.

@starvinggamer: 2 months old, but DH is just put down turret and wait now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.