Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deltarune Chapter 1&2

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 31, 2018

A follow-up to the indie RPG Undertale, taking place in an alternate universe with some familiar characters and themes.

Deltarune released on PC and Mac (from the maker of Undertale)

oodli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just came out of nowhere for free. not much known yet about it, though it might be related to Undertale in some way (it's an anagram).

You can check it out in here: http://deltarune.com/

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
    GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved the first episode! It's a completely perfect followup to Undertale. It's telling it's own story, bringing back the old, while also managing to not retroactively ruin the ending of the first game. It's doing it's own thing while still clearly Undertale, and it's also willing to turn your expectations of what Undertale should be on their head.

I am very curious to see where the town stuff goes, it seems to be slightly hinting that the characters are the same incarnations as the originals with their memories altered. Seems like Sans might remember everything because of course he does.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh it's an anagram of Undertale.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll have to check it out when I'm less annoyed at Undertale fans being super embarrassing.

Phos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is sort of a truncated/gathered version of stuff I've posted elsewhere:

I have really complex feeling about this. Asriel is so fucking perfect in this game I get empathetically annoyed by him for Kris, which seems like an odd direction considering Kris is such a slasher villain that they're able to grow kitchen knives (?) so it's as if Toby's set up this world to give my sympathy for the devil. I'm not sure how surprised I should be considering that the first game seems to have set you up to name a potential genocidal maniac after yourself. Never understood that.

This game's plot also strikes me as strange in general. The closest thing to a plothole in Undertale was Asriel's level of affection for the fallen human seemed odd considering they seem like they were always unpleasant, but considering how their interactions were set up it seemed like Asriel wanting to hang out with the big kids or whatever, but then in this game Asriel is older than the fallen human AND the whole game seems to be about this character, this game seems to be set entirely in this plothole.

When you reach the geyser, weren't you supposed to do something? I mean the three of you. Ralsei implied that the three of you needed to do something to the geyser but then he just stops two rooms away and doesn't address it. I'd say that perhaps the first dark world section was meant to be longer but Toby's FAQ makes it sound like this portion of the game is largely content complete. I guess the end of the dark world is the exception? I also have a hard time remembering the order the syllables are supposed to be in in Ralsei's name, keep wanting to call him "Rasile" or "Rasiel" or ever Arale (Yes I know it's an anagram). Him looking like a type of light world monster also seems odd considering he's implied to be from the dark world? How does he have a snout that protrudes above his scarf when his scarf covers his mouth?

The idea of it being separate from Undertale kind of rings hollow to me when the situation we're presented with seems to (me at least) be a separate timeline that diverged somewhere around the time the fallen human fell ill by their own hand. The divergence itself seems to be that Toriel got her way leading to the barrier coming down in much less dramatic fashion years sooner. This does paint a funny picture in my head of the first fallen human going to Mt. Ebott to escape society only to find themselves in the underground monster society only to later end up in a fairly typical city except now they're the token human.

Thebattle system is pretty iffy, because only Kris can ACT it seemed like a lot of times I was trying to find something for the other members to do. It ends up feeling like a cosmetic change if you're being nice, but now you have more busy work in battles that include Susie prior to her chilling out.

Susie's fight theme reminds me so much of "Strong Bad is a Bad Guy", and the intro to Checker Dance reminds me a lot of this track from Cyborg Justice. It seems one of this game's prevailing leitmotifs is Gaster's? I really liked him more when it seemed like the idea behind the character was that he had been canotically cut from the game.

Oh yeah, "Gun's", a nice Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden nod, which is funny to me because I couldn't help but compare Undertale to it while I was playing Undertale.

A much more personal complaint, but seeing Undyne and it not being the Undyne who got with Alphys or taught me how to burn down her house bothers me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.