Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

A Wii remake of Dead Rising built on the Resident Evil 4 engine.

Capcom Hoar Seth Killian Says Try It

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Capcom slut Seth Killian recently discussed the port of Xbox 360's Dead Rising to the Wii, urging fans to at least try the game. Killian feels that the game deserves a chance on the Wii, and that players should try and approach it with "fresh eyes"

"I think if you actually take time to try the game on the Wii on its own terms and look at it with fresh eyes, there's a lot to love. There are things happening on the Wii that aren't happening on the 360 (and vice versa), and there are a lot of people that never tried DR on 360?they're having a lot of fun with DR Wii."

I'd rather drop without a single chop myself...

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Bullet_Jr

No, I refuse.

I own the game for 360 and wasn't planning on buying the Wii version anyways but after seeing poor performance on the Wii (despite being built specifically for the Wii), I won't even advise my friends with Wiis to check it out.

I know that gameplay formula is completely different from the original Dead Rising but that is one of the problems. As a Wii gamer, I am tired of devs giving the Wii the short end of the stick and I'm tired of missing out on potentially good games because devs aren't putting enough time/effort into their games.

Damn, I remember when the Nintendo Seal of Quality actually meant something.

On a side note, how come Capcom is so inconstant with what they put out quality-wise?

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Gizmo
    Bullet_Jr said:
    "No, I refuse. I own the game for 360 and wasn't planning on buying the Wii version anyways but after seeing poor performance on the Wii (despite being built specifically for the Wii), I won't even advise my friends with Wiis to check it out.I know that gameplay formula is completely different from the original Dead Rising but that is one of the problems. As a Wii gamer, I am tired of devs giving the Wii the short end of the stick and I'm tired of missing out on potentially good games because devs aren't putting enough time/effort into their games.Damn, I remember when the Nintendo Seal of Quality actually meant something.On a side note, how come Capcom is so inconstant with what they put out quality-wise?"
    The Nintendo Seal Of Quality?

More like "This game will make lots of money regardless of being shite".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.