Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

Any Surprise This Is Messed Up?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#1  Edited By sammo21

So, I received my copy of Darksiders from Amazon yesterday. Frankly, I was excited to play through this again as I haven't since it was originally released. Immediately I'm met with the game's cutscenes automatically skipping after about 20 seconds, which is very frustrating in a story driven game (for me, at least). Then there is the annoying audio sync issue which makes it hard to sit through the unskippable in engine cutscenes. I'd wager the audio was about 1.5-2 seconds ahead of the cutscene video. Oh, the textures for the water disappeared completely? Great! The framerate dropped from 60 to 20 in this corner for no real reason? Awesome! My wings are nowhere to be seen when I glide? Delicious!

This, and more, are present in the first...45 minutes to an hour of the game starting. Granted, when the game is working it runs pretty good and looks nice. I liked the first Darksiders quite a bit and the Darksiders 2 re-release bummed me out a bunch so I was hoping this would be a nice course correction, but there's no indication of that yet. If you were on the fence about picking this up I would maybe wait a couple of weeks to see if they ever bother patching the plethora of issues out of the game. After the DS2 re-release and this I don't have much confidence in this developer working on Darksiders 3 (which we all know they are).

Seems these issues are across both the Ps4 and XBone versions of the game, but I am on PS4. I guess I'll just play moreTitanfall 2. No worries there.

OceanEve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is disappointing :/ I was thinking about picking this up when it went on sale. Hopfully these issues will be ironed out by then. I actually just got darksiders 2 for the ps4 since I've never played it before and it was on sale for $5.99. Curious to see if it has the same issues. O_o

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Darksiders 2 remastered was a mess on PC with frame rate hiccups, bugs and all that mess.

So no, not really surprising. It's a shame when you want to support a franchise you enjoy but at the same time that means supporting a publisher/developer you very much don't like. I love Fallout but at this point I don't want to give a dime to Bethesda. I wish all my money spent on Doom could go directly to Id Software as well, bypassing Bethesda entirely.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#4  Edited By sammo21

@giantlennonx_x: I own Darksiders 2 for PS4 and I can tell you it has issues. Not to mention you realize how awful the inventory system and everything was for a game that really isn't that old. Makes you appreciate well made games much more :(

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I don't know how they allow these games through certification. It is insane. I tried to play Battlefield 1 with a couple of friends last night and it was a disaster. The load times in that game are absolutely insane. We're talking over 3 minutes long just to quit a game and go back to the main menu.

Par1val

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is the darksiders 2 remastered on PC fixed now in terms of bugs and things? I'll probably go through that before going back to the first game.

PS. i played and loved both on ps3/360.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What was the last actual good remaster? Seems every one of these comes out busted now.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

So..I'm really confused here, because the thread over on GAF is stating this remaster is great. Fantastic Framerate, texture filtering, the ability to turn off chromatic abberation, etc. I have heard some weirdness around boss rooms themselves, but it seems to vary wildly.

Some others are seeing the audio sync issues, while a bunch are not. Not defending the game, it's just so bizarre to see such hugely contrasting experiences with it. I got a free $10 coupon from Sony and was thinking about buying it, but decided to hold off til I hear about any upcoming patches.

Nordic seems pretty decent with fixing stuff, at least.

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WheresDerrick

I've been playing the Darksiders 2 remaster (about halfway through) and I haven't noticed any glitches or bugs like these?

These seem like Bethesda glitches, of which I'm used to, so I would know one when I see one. I might be lucky in my playtime. Other than the game being 30 FPS instead of 60, but the art more than makes up for that.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it is a new company that bought the IP and just want to cash in on it so i'm not that surprised at all really.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.