Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

I have a unique problem/glitch in Dark Souls Remastered...Help!

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I know Dark Souls isn't all the rage these days. But why am I stuck with being human all the time?

I was fighting the Iron Golem on top of Sen's fortress for the umpteenth time, and as usual rolled over the roof to the distant ground below. No problem, I quit the game and came back later. But when I did, I found myself just outside the entrance to Sen's. Pissed enough about that, but then I was invaded, which was my first clue I was now human.

And death now will not bring me back to hollow looking/undead. I don't mind the invasions if they are one on one, but actually I am tired of it generally. I like to pick my spots.

What went wrong, how can I revert to hollow? Or did Sophia my character just not want to look like trash anymore?

Thank you!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@bybeach: I vaguely recall something similar happening to me in that spot on the PC version. Have you tried getting back to the Golem and dying again to him? Did you get the fireplace on top of Sen's fortress? It's a bit obscured if you aren't looking for it.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: I died before re-engaging him. And yes, I then started back by the fire-shrine in the little drop-down-to alcove. But, I was still human. Because I was human, I gave into the impulse to hire help by the fog door, and we finished off the Iron Golem. So no, I did not die to him again.

I can see a big (verbal) 'Rats' coming. It would have been better to die to him?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Try starting the game up offline and then die to something and see if you lose your humanity. Do you also lose your souls?

...man, that sentence would sound so weird out of context.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try starting the game up offline and then die to something and see if you lose your humanity. Do you also lose your souls?

...man, that sentence would sound so weird out of context.

Perhaps that's why my character Sophia (A traveler from the Far East!) got fed up with it all, and wanted to go out at least looking good.

I will try it right now....

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258: I just tried your suggestion, and it didn't work. And yes, I do lose my souls, that part happens.

Tell me if you got an insight to it all.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sophia glitched your game. She forced the game to respect her humanity!! Joking aside i believe that this glitch has its up sides. This way you'll encounter all the invading NPCs and get their neat drops! You can also use her for PvP without worrying about humanity.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last night I got an invader who was different colors. Trying to hit him was like trying to deal with invaders with lag in the first game. So, there is something about this situation I don't necessarily buy. I just deleted and re-installed the game. It didn't change anything, so maybe I need to die again. lol.

But hell, in the Painted World now, seeing the sights!

Sergiy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sergiy

Sophia truly is the chosen undead!

I've never heard of a glitch like this... and i played a fair amount of dark souls.

Have you tried recreating the accident? Rolling off the roof as when it all started?

S0oup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have this same bug, but it's been happening since I started this character. I haven't found any way to fix it other than rolling a new character. Praise the Sun, for we are the chosen undead!

TemplePilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to play co-op with a friend. We're both in the same area, have the same network settings (including password) and I can't see his sign when he drops it. We're both human. Any ideas?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.