Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 24, 2016

This game melds elements from all previous Souls games and concludes the Dark Souls trilogy.

Have you received a shipping notification for Dark Souls 3 from Amazon?

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Just wondering if anyone has had their copy of Dark Souls 3 ship from Amazon yet. I'm starting to think it's not going to be here on release day, which makes me want to cancel my pre-order and purchase the game at Target or something. However, then I'd miss out on getting it for $47.99 from Amazon. Decisions, decisions.

Anyways, has anyone got a shipping notification yet?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@quid_pro_bono: Still plenty of time to get them out today. I've also had situations where they don't send until Monday with overnight shipping. I haven't gotten mine yet either. But my order shows shipping soon now. So I'm sure it will go out in a few hours.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You guys get mail delivered on monday? Lucky bastards...

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No notification but my open orders page is saying it's arriving tuesday. I wouldn't worry, I got bloodborne on release day from them without a hitch.

EDIT: also I would imagine they would wait to ship so they can avoid breaking street date.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Quid_Pro_Bono

@claybrez: Yeah I've never gotten a game later than release day but to get my order to say it was arriving on Tuesday I had to change the shipping speed and then change back to Prime shipping. Previously it said the game was coming on Thursday the 14th. Oh well - just have to wait and see I suppose!

Edit: My order page just updated today to say that it'll be shipping out today. So, that's good news!

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got mine shipped Wednesday, then got it Friday (Canada). Day 1 edition comes with a mini strategy guide, and the OST. It's glorious. If your Amazon shipment is the day 1 keep that.

No Caption Provided

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I pre-ordered it on my Prime account it said it would get here on the 14th. Contacted customer service and quoted their own policy to them (literally copy-pasted it from their own website) and the person said that I chose two-day shipping so it would be here on the 14th despite their website clearly stating that selecting two-day shipping for pre-orders meant I would get it day of release. The person then upgraded it to one-day shipping so now I'm getting it the 13th. Teeny bit annoyed!

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@strangestories: Was in the same boat. Ended up just canceling the Amazon purchase and bought it on Steam instead.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

It says my copy is arriving on the 14th and now I'm slightly upset. Not upset enough to pay more for shipping or cancel my order, but...

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater: When this happened to me for Dark Souls, I ended up buying a second copy from Best Buy and just kept the Amazon copy that showed up late. I feel like canceling my order is a step up for me.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

My copy arrived on saturday courtesy of shopto. Spoilers: this game's pretty good.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm one of the people in the Thursday delivery date boat even though I pre-ordered the game last year. I don't mind waiting until Thursday though, I'm gonna be really busy this week. At least I got $12 off of the game.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

If you got release date delivery, 99% of the time it'll get there unless you ordered a few days before.

No confirmation yet, but I'm guessing it'll send tomorrow. Wouldn't worry about it. Off chance it is a day late, they'll give you credit.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tesco have yet to dispatch my copy. Bit of a pain in the arse as I'm at work all next week - bar Wednesday. Looks like a visit to the sorting office will be necessary. Assuming Royal Mail don't cock up like they did with my copy of MGS V.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though I'm a Prime member, I too had a arrival date of thursday for some reason. So my options are either pay the 3 bucks for one day shipping or cancel the order entirely and drive somewhere to get it and pay MORE without the new sweet amazon discount.

So I changed to 1 day shipping and now it says tuesday

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By asurastrike

This is from a month ago. When I ordered mine it said delivery on the 14th, but I'm saving 20% so whatever.

http://twinfinite.net/2016/03/dark-souls-amazon-pre-order-delay/

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, probably won't be here until next monday.

VFL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The couple times i pre-ordered a game off Amazon, they never showed up on released day. They always showed up 4-5 days after launch. Now i use the Best Buy GC Unlocked for every pre order and pick up at the store right down the street. Most of the time i have $10-$15 in reward zone certs already from previous pre-orders/purchases, so i get most games for $35-$40.

Dark Souls 3 was $37.............although, now thinking about it, BB did sell my DS 2 pre-order from right underneath me and had to have one shipped from another store, but they did give me a $20 gift card for the trouble.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

This is why steam is a godsend.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got my shipping confirmation that the game will be here Tuesday!

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just switched to 1-day shipping and now it says Tuesday. You best not be trying to swindle me out of four dollars, Amazon.

You know, after saving me twelve.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awh crap. This thread has me paranoid. Oh well, guess I'll just wait. :|

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got mine shipped Wednesday, then got it Friday (Canada). Day 1 edition comes with a mini strategy guide, and the OST. It's glorious. If your Amazon shipment is the day 1 keep that.

No Caption Provided

Sweet that's the version I pre-ordered. Looks nice! The soundtrack is on a CD right? I'm still a bit pissed about the whole Bloodborne digital soundtrack thing.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By the way I decided to pull the trigger on changing to one-day shipping and now my order says Arriving Tuesday.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I have mine set to one day shipping but it says:

"Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

If it isn't here Tuesday, I'll just buy from gamestop and tell the mail carrier to reroute my order back to warehouse

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, at least if it dispatches today I'll be in for it to land on my doorstep on Wednesday. Saving £9 on it so I may as well hold tight.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it says Tuesday, it'll be there Tuesday. I've been using Amazon for years and have never received a game late. I trust whatever the delivery estimate is. That being said, if you absolutely need it as soon as possible then just run into a GameStop or whatever when they open. You have to be willing to get the game at 7pm if you're the last on the delivery route that day. If time is an issue then you have to weigh the savings vs your time.

My games always ship Monday and arrive Tuesday (with 2-day shipping selected). There might be an issue with DS3 specifically? This would add to the weirdness around this game's launch. Did they not press enough discs? Just cancel if it doesn't say Tuesday for you.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I haven't preordered DS3, but I have had problems with not getting games on release day for the past few months. Xenoblade Chronicles X, Pokken, Fire Emblem Fates, and I'm pretty sure one or two other games as well all went through this. I'm not sure what the fuck is going on with them lately because this never used to be a problem as far as I know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got a shipping confirmation this morning! And it says Tuesday.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Puchiko

I've had a few games arrive a day or more late (Thanks USPS...). The most recent one was The Division which didn't arrive till that Thursday.

My copy of Dark Souls was pre-ordered the moment they went live before there was a release date announced. Once the release date was announced my shipping date was updated but it was for Thursday instead of Tuesday. I went into my order on Amazon and updated the shipping to the same 2-day shipping and for some reason, my delivery date was bumped up to Tuesday. So if you pre-order stuff, updating your shipping might help with release day delivery?

If it says Tuesday, it'll be there Tuesday. I've been using Amazon for years and have never received a game late. I trust whatever the delivery estimate is.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Got it preloaded through Steam so it launches tonight at 6 PM EDT. Can't fricken wait!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@big_denim: Same here, and I'm on Pacific time so that's 15:00 for me on a Monday. Definitely earlier than expected! Man, I haven't bought a physical copy of a game in years and years, this topic just reminds me that I'm pretty thankful to have embraced the dark all-digital future.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Shindig

Tesco finally moved their arse. Might arrive tomorrow which means I'm probably taking a visit to a sorting office on Wednesday. Unless next door is in or I've a cool postie who says, "Signed for? Fuck it. Get in the hole."

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: Yeah I would prefer to go all digital but I can't say no to $12 off from Amazon, it's definitely worth using physical for me.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's my big pull. Getting the game on release is all well and good but, to get any actual savings from a digital platform you need to wait for a sale.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steam says it unlocks in an hour

@shindig said:

That's my big pull. Getting the game on release is all well and good but, to get any actual savings from a digital platform you need to wait for a sale.

For PC GMG has good deals on pre-releases, i just got my copy for 48$ today. Amazon also has a deal for pre-orders on console games if you have prime(which i'd recommend if you use amazon at all anyway)

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Quid_Pro_Bono

@oursin_360: My PC is old and I'm not in a position to upgrade right now, so I'm stuck on PS4 only!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: My PC is old and I'm not in a position to upgrade right now, so I'm stuck on PS4 only!

Well i look at it like this, wait a day and save 20%. Sometimes i've had to wait a day ordering for the pc too, but the discount is worth it to me. Amazon is supposed to ship on day of though, if they don't they'll probably give you something like a month added on to prime. They seem good about their policies from what i've experienced but i've never pre-ordered from them.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: Yeah I posted earlier in the thread that mine is coming Tuesday, now. In fact, a mod could probably lock this since it seems to be sorted for most folks. I guess the rumors of Amazon having some big delay weren't well-founded.

Avatar image for deactivated-636514d3175a5
    deactivated-636514d3175a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thursday for me. Preordered about a month ago.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My copy shipped as well, although I didn't get the text message alert. Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

schowacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By schowacs

How did you guys guarantee day one delivery? I'm a prime member, and pre-ordered well in advance. Even still, they're telling me that Thursday is when I'll be receiving my copy, which is suuuuuuch a bummer.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schowacs: I'm the same as you, Prime, pre-ordered ages ago. I switched my shipping from two day to one day yesterday and the delivery date got moved from Thursday to Tuesday.

schowacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@technician: That explains it. How much of an upcharge was there to change shipping priority? I had stacked a $25 credit on top of the $13 Prime discount, so I'm an idiot for not choosing one day.

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

Bah, wish I checked this earlier, also got screwed. Ordered last year with two-day / release day shipping same as I always do with games, but just checked and found out it's now scheduled to arrive Thursday. Need to call up and complain to see if I can get a discount or something.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My copy is currently sitting in an Amazon 'fulfillment' center about 20 minutes away and will be delivered tomorrow. I'm guessing I can't just drive over and pick it up since it's one of their big warehouses.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine's coming tomorrow after Yodel decided it was too rainy outside.... or maybe they were short on vans. This isn't the first time the artists formerly known as Home Delivery Network have bottled on a delivery.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#49  Edited By csl316

I guess my Amazon order is showing up Thursday, despite the day one guarantee. Earlier in this thread I mentioned it showing up on time 99% of the time. Guess this is the 1% where I need to complain and get a credit.

Oddly enough, the product page now says sold by goHastings.

Edit: About 3 hours after issuing a complaint, they gave me a $10 credit. Just said "hey, it's delayed, had guaranteed release date delivery as a Prime member." Mentioned a credit to make good, so $48 minus another $10 isn't a bad way to pay for Dark Souls III.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.