Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 24, 2016

This game melds elements from all previous Souls games and concludes the Dark Souls trilogy.

Dark souls 3 questions by noob.

superprohero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By superprohero

OK this is my first dark souls game and on my journey to conquest I know I will encounter lot of questions so I created this thread to ask questions on regular basis, so I won't be making entirely new threads to ask different questions, I will just post all of my questions on this thread on regular basis so plz help me by clarifying my doubts on regular basis.

question for today.

how does buffs and infusions work? Does it have side effect?

From what I heard someone said buffs and infusions can remove my scaling.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Infusions can change the scaling on your weapon, yes. It won't change your upgrades, though - a +10 Greatsword will remain a +10 Greatsword.

What, specifically, do you mean when you say "buffs"?

GordonDaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infusions can change the scaling of a weapon. For example making a weapon "Sharp" lowers the base damage of the weapon while giving it better Dex scaling. However it is worth noting that some weapons work better with certain infusions. For example katanas work better with sharp infusions than broadswords.

Honestly for your first play though I wouldn't bother with any of that. Find a weapon with a move set that you like and build to the stats that best work with it. Infusion is really for people that want to deeply min/max the games systems.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I dunno if it's changed since, but on release of the game infusions weren't very good. The game basically decreased the damage of your attack twice, calculating the enemy defense on both the physical and elemental parts of the attack which overall lowered your damage compared to just having a purely physical weapon. So more or less, infusing was generally not a good idea. Again, that could've changed, my data is old.

superprohero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By superprohero
    superprohero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@gordondaniels: @tobbrobb: @justin258:

One more question.

Can i use Carthus Flame with long sword?

I don't see why not. Pretty sure it can be used on most melee weapon, except special ones like boss weapons for example, and not things like Bows, Catalysts, etc.

superprohero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superprohero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GordonDaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time you level up the cost increases. This is balanced out by the fact that later enemies give you far more souls. Just curious, how far are you into the game?

superprohero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gordondaniels: thanks for your reply, i am currently on undead settlement.

superprohero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By superprohero
    GordonDaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Long+Sword

This might help a little. Doesn't say when the scaling changes though, and I honestly don't remember.

superprohero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By superprohero
    superprohero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By superprohero

@tobbrobb: @gordondaniels: @gordondaniels: @justin258:

Lol it seems like I am never out of questions, plz help me one more time.

After using refined gem infusion on my longsword can I still use another infusion without cancelling out my first infusion?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By mike

@superprohero: No you can't...dude not to be rude but have you considered looking at the Dark Souls Wiki or using Google for faster answers? I played Dark Souls 3 and remembered this one, but I just did a search and found the answer in under 5 seconds.

superprohero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By superprohero

@mike: well I did some research but I got nowhere that's why I posted here but thanks anyways

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@superprohero: Infusions in DS3 can be done almost without consequence, aside from the resources you need to spend to do it. Provided you have the souls and gems, you can infuse a weapon all day, and you can always return any weapon to its default state with a shriving stone and not lose any reinforcement.

So... experiment, man. This is one part of Dark Souls 3 where it's almost impossible to fuck yourself over. Wikis are great places to look - there are many tables of information out there detailing every possible state of every weapon in the game. If you want to know if you can make a Greatsword with A scaling in Dex and Int, that info is easily accessible.

superprohero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow i must admit that dark souls 3 is one of the best and hardest game i have ever played, but after surviving Ashes of Ariandel it seems like i have gotten too strong for my own good , i am easily beating the shit out of everything so I was wondering is there any challenge left for me? And my current location is Anor Londo, also my current level is 73.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@superprohero: There are some hard parts left, but you might be a bit overleveled. And practicing all the way through Ariandel might've made the main game a bit easier by comparison. (That happened to me in Bloodborne). But the secret/optional area Archdragon Peak still has a couple rough encounters and a reeeeally hard boss. I think if you head over there the levels won't matter as much. Definitely haven't run out of challenge yet.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NTM

Well, that kind of sucks, you're playing the worst Souls game first? Shoot. (Okay, yeah, that's my opinion obviously... but true :)) Also, the game was mostly a cinch for me. There's a part in Anor Londo that's great for leveling up quick and easy I found, where you just have to lure three Silver Knight's off the side of the castle, and they give you a buttload of Souls. The only bosses I had issues with were Pontiff Sulyvahn, Lothric, and Champion Gundyr. After those guys, I was totally fed up with the boss style of that game, with its two form style. Actually, to be honest? I fought the final boss twice, died twice, and quit the game. I hadn't finished Dark Souls 3 to the credits!

I got Demon's and Dark Souls on their release but had only played several hours of them. I liked them, but I thought you had to grind a bunch to move on, and I didn't want to play a game where I grind when what I wanted to do was see new places and fight new enemies and bosses. The game was not that at all, so with the arrival of three on the horizon, I dug in on Demon's Souls, then onto Dark Souls. When I finished Dark Souls, three was out, so I went and bought Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, Bloodborne, and Dark Souls 3. Finished Scholar of the First Sin, Bloodborne, then... I got all the way up to the end of three and quit :P. Love those games, but Dark Souls 3 was underwhelming.

Anyways, what class are you? I was always a Knight I believe. Also, yeah about the DLC. Since I didn't love DS3, I had little desire to play the DLC, so I didn't, but I know the feeling since I did that with Bloodborne. Many people said the final boss of that game is one of the hardest in the Souls-esque games, and since I had done the DLC before going to the end (and you have to, otherwise you're locked out of it until you go back on a new game plus, which is even harder), all I did was wack him about ten to fifteen times without much evading, and I defeated him.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.