Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 24, 2016

This game melds elements from all previous Souls games and concludes the Dark Souls trilogy.

Aldrich Faithful Covenant

betterley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By betterley

Did anyone else notice the Aldrich Faithful Covenant, or the description?

To me, this is confirmation that Bloodborne is indeed in the same universe as Dark Souls.

What does everyone else think?

Also, what are the chances that From makes a game linking these series' together?

A game where the fire has faded, there's no longer any embers, the god's are dead, and "Great Ones" are beginning to emerge. Along with their arrival we could see the beginning of the Healing Church and blood ministration.

Am I completely off my rocker?

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It might certainly be a little reference but no more than that.

Also you're off your rocker about a game that links the series' together. They haven't even linked Demons Souls for what I would assume is mostly legal reasons and it would be the same for Bloodborne.

Wwen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Moonlight Great-sword is a reference to other FROM games, but that doesn't mean King's Field is in the Dark Souls universe. FROM likes to put references of their stuff in their stuff. I wouldn't look for much deeper meaning than that, unless they say otherwise. (Although, I'd like to think Metal Wolf Chaos is part of the Dark Souls Universe in my head-canon)

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Needs more moon to be related to Bloodborne.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Also you're off your rocker about a game that links the series' together. They haven't even linked Demons Souls for what I would assume is mostly legal reasons and it would be the same for Bloodborne.

They do kinda link to Demons Souls. The body that has the Eyes of the Firekeeper looks exactly like the Maiden in Black.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By NeoCalypso
    @golguin said:
    @baronsamedi said:

They do kinda link to Demons Souls. The body that has the Eyes of the Firekeeper looks exactly like the Maiden in Black.

It's definitely not exactly the same, the outfit while similar is just the clothing the shrine Firekeeper is wearing. It's basically the shrine maiden with wax on her eyes. Also that body is identical to the dozens and dozens of bodies in the Firelink Tower, wax and everything. I think it's just supposed to be a firekeeper.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wwen said:

The Moonlight Great-sword is a reference to other FROM games, but that doesn't mean King's Field is in the Dark Souls universe. FROM likes to put references of their stuff in their stuff. I wouldn't look for much deeper meaning than that, unless they say otherwise. (Although, I'd like to think Metal Wolf Chaos is part of the Dark Souls Universe in my head-canon)

That is the best head-canon.

I'd play the hell out of a...Dark Metal Wolf...Chaos Souls? game. Or just MWC. I've always been sad it never came to the US. I've watched this old LP of it like 5 times.

Wwen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15: I had a chance to get MWC when I lived in Japan for about $90, and I kick myself that I did not.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By atomicoldman

Another element I felt linked it was how the Abyss Watchers have connections to blood which gives them power, and that's kinda Bloodborn's whole deal.

ikramit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ikramit

All the Aldrich stuff seems to refer to human , humanity or humanity based miracles from what I can gather. So it's entirely based around humans and what lies within them cant get more Dark Souls then that

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.