Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 21, 2012

The fourth iteration of Valve's team-based modern-military first-person shooter, rebuilt and constantly expanded for competitive play with new maps, new weapons, and new gameplay mechanics. It was later made free-to-play and most versions were later replaced with the sequel.

I retire. I throw in the towel. I am done.

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just need to vent you guys,

So earlier tonight I had been playing a competitive match. Less than a week ago, a 7 day cooldown finally ended for me and I was psyched to get back into this game.

Some back story: I had to go afk during a game for a couple minutes, and letting my team know, i come back a few minutes later to a message that I had been kicked too many times and that I got a 7 day ban. Keep in mind, that was my first time EVER to be kicked from a cs go game. But whatever.

So tonight I'm playing, and there is one douchebag on our team. You know the type, runs in front of your scope at T spawn when youre trying to awp, generally being obnoxious. Any way half way through the game he vote kicks me. It fails. A few minutes later half time hits, where both teams can communicate, and he vote kicks me again, and it passes. So i get kicked, and wouldn't you know it, another 7-fucking-day cooldown. I am so livid, I did nothing wrong and I am paying the price for someone else's jackassery.

And so, after 98 hours, I retire my CS GO uniforms. I'm too old for this shit.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

See you in a week, duder.

I know how frustrating it can be for dicks to get you heat you don't deserve, but it happens. If you enjoy the game, you'll still enjoy it a week from now. Hang in there. :)

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah: To tell you the truth (see what I did there) I dunno if I will. It's the third 7 day ban I get in two months (the first I'll be honest I killed a teammate at the start of the round, but he deserved it). But the fact that I got banned like that and there is no way to appeal just left a sour taste in my mouth.

Is there a way to block players so that I wont be matched with them in the future?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@conker: Unfortunately, while that is a feature people have requested, I don't believe it has been worked out yet. I agree that a feature like that could help.

As I said, I'm with you on the frustration. Suspensions that don't feel deserved really hurt. Though, right now is the worst part of it. In a few days, you'll not be as mad, and once it's up, you'll probably initially say you don't know if you want to go back at all.

Then, eventually, you start playing again.

For now, maybe you can try to contact the developer and encourage work on a block list for queuing. I know you're not the only one pushing for it, and the more people advocating such a measure, the better.

Avatar image for usernameandemail
    Usernameandemail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come play Dota instead.

Keirgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Keirgo
    @conker said: Is there a way to block players so that I wont be matched with them in the future?

Total shot in the dark here, not sure if it works for CS:GO, but I do know it does work in L4D2, so it is worth a try. If you block someone from their Steam profile, they will no longer be able to join your game.

Again, I don't know if it works in CS:GO, but they both use Steamworks for matchmaking, I believe.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@talibanchic: you know I just might. Looking for something to hold me over till Destiny is out haha

Avatar image for usernameandemail
    Usernameandemail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Usernameandemail

@conker: http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keirgo said:
    @conker said: Is there a way to block players so that I wont be matched with them in the future?

Total shot in the dark here, not sure if it works for CS:GO, but I do know it does work in L4D2, so it is worth a try. If you block someone from their Steam profile, they will no longer be able to join your game.

Again, I don't know if it works in CS:GO, but they both use Steamworks for matchmaking, I believe.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

any way i blocked him. hoping i dont run into him again

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

blah, sounds like a terrible "no tolerance" server your on. They could seriously use a good moderator to at least listen to what's going on.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wait, what? How do you get banned from the game or your whole account? Wouldn't you just be banned from that server?

TheKreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conker said:

A few minutes later half time hits, where both teams can communicate, and he vote kicks me again, and it passes.

What changed?

tommytoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You must be pretty toxic dude. I have around 4-500 hours in CS:GO and have been kicked at least 10 times (TK, douchebags, etc, etc) and i have never got anything more then a 30 min ban. When you get kicked/dropped to many times in a short span of time, the time of the ban extends (30min, 2 hour, 24 hour, etc) so you must be doing bad stuff pretty repeatedly?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@branthog said:

Wait, what? How do you get banned from the game or your whole account? Wouldn't you just be banned from that server?

He said "competitive match", so maybe he's in matchmaking and not server browsing?

I usually play Casual matchmaking or Arms Race and have never been banned/kicked/whatever. Having friendly fire on in a CS game with randoms seems like a bad idea anyway. Fine if you're playing with friends, but there are too many terrible people in public matchmaking. I don't have to worry about that jackass who shoots all over the place for no good reason.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Branthog

@branthog said:

He said "competitive match", so maybe he's in matchmaking and not server browsing?

I usually play Casual matchmaking or Arms Race and have never been banned/kicked/whatever. Having friendly fire on in a CS game with randoms seems like a bad idea anyway. Fine if you're playing with friends, but there are too many terrible people in public matchmaking. I don't have to worry about that jackass who shoots all over the place for no good reason.

Aren't matchmaking servers often servers external to Valve? So if someone who has a ranked server chooses to ban you (or one of their admins does), you're banned from all of matchmaking or wider? That seems illogical. Surely they require a long-established trend of evidenced misbehavior before automating the enforcement of such a punishment?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Sackmanjones

Oh wow, I didn't even know systems like that were in place. Do they do that for dota? They should really do that for dota....

Sorry for being off topic, that does suck Espiceally in that situation.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@branthog said:

@believer258 said:

@branthog said:

Aren't matchmaking servers often servers external to Valve? So if someone who has a ranked server chooses to ban you (or one of their admins does), you're banned from all of matchmaking or wider? That seems illogical. Surely they require a long-established trend of evidenced misbehavior before automating the enforcement of such a punishment?

I'm actually not sure how CS:GO's matchmaking works, I thought it was all run by Valve.

In any case, @conker, can you get into Casual, Arms Race, or Demolition matches, or can you get into something in the server browser? You should probably contact Valve Support as well, see if they can't do anything about it.

Also, I have seen a lot of people in CS:GO's chat accuse AWP players of using aimbots. If you're really good with that rifle, maybe some people reported you? It's just a thought, maybe a dumb one, but I dunno. Worth checking out.

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@branthog said:

@believer258 said:

@branthog said:

I'm actually not sure how CS:GO's matchmaking works, I thought it was all run by Valve.

In any case, @conker, can you get into Casual, Arms Race, or Demolition matches, or can you get into something in the server browser? You should probably contact Valve Support as well, see if they can't do anything about it.

Also, I have seen a lot of people in CS:GO's chat accuse AWP players of using aimbots. If you're really good with that rifle, maybe some people reported you? It's just a thought, maybe a dumb one, but I dunno. Worth checking out.

Had no idea there was a server browser in there. Usually I just go to the to competitve matches and it does its magic, then you get the 'ready button'.

For those wondering, I am only on 'cooldown' for competitive, ranked play. I can play casual, demolition, arms race, and deathmatch still. Those dont really appeal to me though I wanna be playing good ol CS rules

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@sackmanjones: Dota takes it one step further. You can still matchmake for the 24h/1week or whatever, but it is in "low priority matchmaking" which basically means queues are longer and everyone you match with is as much of a cunt as you are. It's a real bad scene down there.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Keep going through different servers until you find one you like and stick with it. Going to random servers all the time means you will have to deal with a variety of different communities, and their different attitudes. There are definitely servers out there that are no bullshit and closely moderated (going by my experience with tf2, which has a similar server set up).

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep going through different servers until you find one you like and stick with it. Going to random servers all the time means you will have to deal with a variety of different communities, and their different attitudes. There are definitely servers out there that are no bullshit and closely moderated (going by my experience with tf2, which has a similar server set up).

I had no idea. How do I access the server browser in CSGO?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By RonGalaxy

@conker: the last time I played there were 2 different menu layouts for that stuff. Simplified or complex. I can't quite recall how it worked for simplified, but complex should be like any other valve multiplayer game. I don't have it installed currently so I can't give exact directions, but I know its in there somewhere

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dagas

Never played CS:GO but can't you just run your own server?. This never happened in the old days, Especially if you ran your own server. People still play 1.6 or Source? If so then you can go back to that.

EDIT: I read some about CS:GO and it seems a lot of people think it is the best one. It took years for many to switch from 1.6 to Source. I am surprised everyone jumped on the new game so fast. It took me a long time to get used to Source after 1.6 but after I did there was no going back. I guess it would be the same, hard to go back to Source after GO. I've not payed much attention to GO since everything about it just felt like they CODified it. And I am too old now for those games. I was good back in 2003 but not so much these days.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

@tobbrobb: I know that, I have about 750 hours in dota so I'm aware of the penalties but I feel like maybe locking someone out of the game for 24 hours or something would really discourage just being a huge asshole.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By pr1mus

Lots of people in this thread don't understand the context or how the game works.

When you hit competitive you go through matchmaking, you don't pick who you play with or against and you don't pick a server either. Temporary bans are issued automatically for leaving a game, team killing, being vote kicked by other players etc. Each time increasing the duration.

In my experience, automatic bans like this without an appeal process are always more punishing to normal players. Emergency do happens forcing you to leave, a team full of jackasses happens, a server lagging like shit happens. All those things happen all the fucking time. And with no way to block specific players from being matched with you this can be a real problem. Play enough matches and it's not that rare from playing with the same players more than once since you are still matched with players of similar skills.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@sackmanjones: Oh your comment in this context sounded like outside looking in. Or at least I read it that way.

I'm not so sure about blocking matchmaking completely. I ended up in low prio for 24h once because my internet went out 3 games in a row, so if that had been a complete block I'd be pissed. And most people who never get the hint just remain in low priority in perpetuity so we don't have to deal with them anyways. Might as well have been a ban at that point. It's honestly a pretty good system.

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conker: you have know idea how funny your post sounds coming from someone who played 4+ years in CAL and CEVO (along with a few lans)...

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

Lots of people in this thread don't understand the context or how the game works.

When you hit competitive you go through matchmaking, you don't pick who you play with or against and you don't pick a server either. Temporary bans are issued automatically for leaving a game, team killing, being vote kicked by other players etc. Each time increasing the duration.

In my experience, automatic bans like this without an appeal process are always more punishing to normal players. Emergency do happens forcing you to leave, a team full of jackasses happens, a server lagging like shit happens. All those things happen all the fucking time. And with no way to block specific players from being matched with you this can be a real problem. Play enough matches and it's not that rare from playing with the same players more than once since you are still matched with players of similar skills.

Hit the nail on the head. Frustrating beyond belief!

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By azrailx

@conker: Well, hmmmm. I've played CS 1.6 (though not much), CSS for over 500 tracked hours (which is probs off by a factor of 2), and CS GO. So lets just say I've invested way too much time into the franchise, so when i finally stopped playing it was a big change.

I would also like to say that the "competitive play" in CS GO is quite far removed from actually competitive play, unless you are truly playing league or true scrimmages b/w two teams. It would more accurately be described as a PUG match, which stands for Pick up game. PUGS are mainly for fun, not that there is anything wrong with that, and are usually played with players who dont regularly play with eachother. In my eyes true competitive play is when at least when you have two teams of players matching off who all play regularly together.

It is a whole lot different playing in leagues such as CAL, CEVO, or ESEA (though I think ESEA is the last big one...) as those are some of the fiercest, competitive matches you will ever play. You had to record your games, run clients, and takes screen shots of smoke at mid (SS mid), all as cheat counter measures.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You must be pretty toxic dude. I have around 4-500 hours in CS:GO and have been kicked at least 10 times (TK, douchebags, etc, etc) and i have never got anything more then a 30 min ban. When you get kicked/dropped to many times in a short span of time, the time of the ban extends (30min, 2 hour, 24 hour, etc) so you must be doing bad stuff pretty repeatedly?

This. I have about 300 hours, most in competitive. I have been kicked from a game maybe twice and that's just due to me being matched with a 4 stack and them kicking me because they think its funny. You don't just get a 7 day ban your first time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.