Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 21, 2012

The fourth iteration of Valve's team-based modern-military first-person shooter, rebuilt and constantly expanded for competitive play with new maps, new weapons, and new gameplay mechanics. It was later made free-to-play and most versions were later replaced with the sequel.

CS: GO Getting the TF2 Treatment?

ascagnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Some threads have popped up on reddit noticing new game assets that add skins, alternate items, silenced weapons, and such to the game. I'm curious as to what the community's thoughts are on this. Personally, I'm fine with them in the casual modes, but trying anything that monkeys around with the competitive mode is a bad thing.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Probably just finally patching it. Silencers were needed for the M4 and P2000 (USP).

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah, I really would've loved to play that game on my PS3, if it ever came out on the European PSN. One year later and no word from Valve or Sony as to why this hasn't been released in Europe yet.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By cloudymusic

@ascagnel said:

Personally, I'm fine with them in the casual modes, but trying anything that monkeys around with the competitive mode is a bad thing.

More or less. They've done a pretty good job at keeping the competitive mode pure so far, so hopefully we don't have to worry about that.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

As long as it's only skins it's all right. Just don't touch my guns.

On a separate note however idling players who try to farm on the servers are more and more frequent now. Some even use some kind of software that makes them move in a circle so they won't get auto-kicked. And all those kids who use the chat for all-caps advertising...

So yeah I'm a bit disappointed. Although I did won this super rare gun that I sold for like 20€.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

As long as it's just cosmetic stuff, I don't care.

Start putting guns in there that I have to pay for or grind experience or challenges or what-the-fuck-ever for, though, and Valve will have my considerable internet rage to contend with.

Meaning I'll just stop playing this game that I don't play much anyway and bitch about it on a forum somewhere for a few days, then look back with shame and guilt on how foolish I've made myself look while simultaneously looking for something else to bitch about on the internet.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ascagnel said:

Some threads have popped up on reddit noticing new game assets that add skins, alternate items, silenced weapons, and such to the game. I'm curious as to what the community's thoughts are on this. Personally, I'm fine with them in the casual modes, but trying anything that monkeys around with the competitive mode is a bad thing.

Okay I got CS:GO a bit back. how do you even find a good server in that shit. I keep ending up in these stupid fucking prison break games.

ascagnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@ascagnel said:

Okay I got CS:GO a bit back. how do you even find a good server in that shit. I keep ending up in these stupid fucking prison break games.

Use the matchmaking. All of those servers are "pure".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.