Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Club Nintendo

Concept »

A service allowing consumers to obtain limited edition items with points accumulated through purchase of Nintendo products. Several titles have been released exclusively for this purpose. The program was discontinued in September 2015.

How exactly do these rewards work?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

So I just recently joined club nintendo and amassed enough coins to reach platinum status. On their rewards page it shows 4 games and a bunch of random junk they could mail me.

Can anyone clarify if these are permanent? I got Super Metroid on WiiU, when are they going to have a new batch of games available. Is it monthly? Yearly?

Also should I have saved my coins until they reveal what the "elite rewards" or whatever its called was announced?

I know they have a help section but the website has been totally unreliable since MK8 launched. Thanks for any help.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BisonHero

@vinny_says: So when you reach "gold" or "platinum", that is a milestone in each Club Nintendo year (July 1 - June 30), and that can't be taken from you. Whether you spend all those coins, keep 'em all, whatever, you never lose that status. It's just tallying the total amount of coins you earned that year, whether you spent them or not. Basically, Nintendo would love it if you bought 600 coins worth of stuff and registered it on Club Nintendo each year, because that means you spent ~$600 on Nintendo-published products, and gave them feedback.

For the downloadable games, they cycle those out once a month. I find those to be your best choice to spend coins on. The physical rewards are A) knick knacks of questionable value or use, and B) only a couple physical rewards get added per year, and as of late what happens is they get added, a bunch of Nintendo nerds immediately spend all of their coins on those physical rewards, and the new reward sells out in like 2 days, and then Club Nintendo never restocks that reward for whatever reason and it just disappears from the store.

Oh yeah, so for the "elite" rewards for Gold and Platinum, you don't actually have to spend any coins to get them. As long as you have registered 600 (or 300) coins that year, you automatically get the platinum/gold gift. Sometime in July (since the previous "year" ended June 30th), they'll give you your options and ask which free gold/platinum gift you want.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Nintendo needs to get their shit together and consolidate the accounts. Sony and Xbox do not use two accounts, only Nintendo does and the accounts barely do anything since you are allowed only one 3DS and one WiiU. Signing up is basically a downgrade from the way they were doing it before! (software tied to system, no logins required)

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They cycle the games on offer every couple weeks. I think the physical items just stay there until Nintendo runs out of stock or people just stop ordering them.

As for the "elite rewards" you don't spend coins on those. If you reached Gold or Platinum it's just their treat to you.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

I want to know when they got rid of the Game & Watch collections. Those were the only good rewards.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Vuud

@egg: Tell me about it. I only have a 3DS and now I have my eShop account, my Nintendo Network ID, and my Club Nintendo account. But I think if you have a Nintendo Network ID it consumes your eShop account? Whatever, I'd like to have just 1 Nintendo account for everything.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Still never changed us over to the coins in the UK/Europe. We still have stars. every so often...and by that I mean almost never, there are good things to buy with my stars. Recently I got a really nice pack of Nintendo playing cards and the 2 CD soundtrack for Super Mario 3D world.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By crithon

I've had my account since 1997, and I have only cashed in 2 things Wii Virtual Console Majora's Mask and SMB3. I never use it to get items I prefer virtual console games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.