Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

Nazi Zombies, a legend lost.

BrainDamage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By BrainDamage101

Editing for the last few hours I've come to understand that Nazi Zombies was not nearly as popular as I had originally thought, it kinda makes me sad. I mean, Gears of War's Horde mode is pretty popular, why isn't Nazi Zombies. Most of it I think has to do with the fact that it is incredibly difficult. The other part is the fact that you are destined for failure no matter how hard you try. No matter how many Zombies you leave in your wake of destruction two more pop up to replace it ever single time. It's an overwhelming feeling I think. Still, it pains me to see something with so much potential fall by the wayside. Maybe Treyarch will realize it had something special and use it in the next game, maybe not. We'll see I guess.

BrainDamage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BrainDamage101

Editing for the last few hours I've come to understand that Nazi Zombies was not nearly as popular as I had originally thought, it kinda makes me sad. I mean, Gears of War's Horde mode is pretty popular, why isn't Nazi Zombies. Most of it I think has to do with the fact that it is incredibly difficult. The other part is the fact that you are destined for failure no matter how hard you try. No matter how many Zombies you leave in your wake of destruction two more pop up to replace it ever single time. It's an overwhelming feeling I think. Still, it pains me to see something with so much potential fall by the wayside. Maybe Treyarch will realize it had something special and use it in the next game, maybe not. We'll see I guess.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By sopranosfan

I like Nazi Zombies but I am not a big fan of any of the Horde mode genres but as a whole Nazi Zombies was as good as any of them to me.

BrainDamage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BrainDamage101

See, I guess that's just me. I liked Nazi Zombies more than any other Horde-type game. The perks, characters, I guess just the idea of it pulls my interest more than Gears.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Bionicicide

1. CoD:WaW - Nazi Zombies
    2. Uncharted 2:AT - Survival
    3. Gears of War 2 - Horde

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Aetos

I was a big fan of it as well. In fact Nazi Zombies was the only reason me and my brother bought the map packs.

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Damien
    @BrainDamage101:  Probably be way more popular if you didn't have to pay $30 to get all of the maps.
    BrainDamage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BrainDamage101
    @Damien:  Yeah, probably true. It got expensive after a while. But at least now they have that package, all three maps for (on Xbox Live at least) 2000 points, roughly $20. Which is still a little steep but Treyarch has to make money for their next game somehow I imagine.
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By nail1080

It wasn't popular enough because instead of being on the disc from day 1, it was gay ass DLC instead. And the zombies that came with the game sucked compared to the 1st and 3rd map pack. Hopefully the next one will have more zombies on day 1

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Sanryd

I friggin' loved it, I can't even tell you how many hours I spent playing it. Except for Verruckt. I hated that map. 

1 - Shi No Numa 
    2 - Der Riese 
    3 - Nacht der Untoten 
    4 - Verruckt

s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By s7evn

It was alright. I was never a huge WaW player because I spent more time in CoD4. But the Zombies mode was certainly one reason I played WaW.

BrainDamage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BrainDamage101
    @tdk08:  Verruckt was, and still is, in my opinion the hardest map. At least in Shi No Numa they gave you space to run, and in Der Riese you had the Pack-a-Punch and cool things like Monkey Bombs and the Bowie Knife. In Verruckt you had very little to work with and getting to the box was expensive.

@nail1080:  Nazi Zombies came on day one, you just had to beat the campaign to play it.

@s7evn:  It's mostly why I played, but when I wasn't doing so well on CoD4 I played WaW, it kinda gave me a break. Haha. 

Though, one of the things I really liked was the ability to do the multiplayer online for Nazi Zombies. Just kinda made it more fun.
    BrainDamage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BrainDamage101

Well, it's been a while since I posted this and YES NAZI ZOMBIES IS BACK!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.