Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 04, 2016

Set in futuristic 2080, the 13th entry of the Call of Duty series brings a war that spans our entire Solar System.

Which current style Call of Duty game featured your favorite multiplayer, and why?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Which current style Call of Duty game featured your favorite multiplayer, and why? (107 votes)

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 34%
    Call of Duty: World at War 0%
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 25%
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 19%
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 1%
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II 6%
    Call of Duty: Ghosts 0%
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 15%
    Call of Duty: Black Ops III 1%

Inspired by this thread: http://www.giantbomb.com/battlefield/3025-51/forums/what-is-the-best-battlefield-game-and-why-1796339

For me, I'd have to say the original Black Ops. I don't mind the recent additions of advanced movement--at least not once they were refined by Black Ops III--but there was something that just clicked with me and the first Black Ops game. Nothing was stupidly overpowered, kill streaks were fun and obtainable, and the map design was very strong. If I had to rate them in order, I'd personally go with:

Black Ops, MW2, MW1, Black Ops 3, Black Ops 2, Ghosts, Advanced Warfare, MW3.

What about you? Was COD4 a favorite of yours? If so, is that going to be enough to lure you back in for COD4 remastered?

• 
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Modern Warfare was the last Call of Duty game I played, I just lost interest in the series after that. I probably would have been interested in the remastered edition of Modern Warfare, but thanks to the super gross move of locking it behind the expensive edition of Infinite, I'll be skipping it.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#2 riostarwind  Moderator

For me Call Of Duty was primary a single player experience. I was playing CoD 1-3 to see cool WW2 set piece moments. The beta for CoD4 was when I actually started to care about playing a multiplayer FPS online. The fast pace of the combat was quite addicting for a while. The addition of the leveling system made it seem worthwhile to level up to get new gear. Yet not enough to continue to make me care about playing it online with any of the following games. So they did pick the perfect game to remaster to get me interested in playing CoD online again. Yet I don't think it'll be enough to get me to pay $80 for Infinite Warfare though.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I would've voted Call of Duty 3,but Modern Warfare since it's the only one that hooked me.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By UlquioKani

Modern Warfare 2 improved on every aspect of the multiplayer from the first game. If they had spent a little more time on it, then might have gotten the balance close to perfection as well.

In order, I'd go MW2, Black Ops 2, Advanced Warfare, Black Ops, MW3, MW1, WAW.

I've played a good chunk of Black Ops 3 multiplayer and just didn't enjoy it. Never played ghosts but I'll probably still check it out at some point.

Hopefully Infinite Warfare will have bigger maps because the other two studios seem hell bent of making all combat in tiny maps. MW2 had map size variety and the best set of maps to date.

Edit - I prefer Titanfall to MW2 but I don't think that's a fair comparison to make. Post Titanfall, I feel like COD needs to do a lot to impress me.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@mike said:

Modern Warfare was the last Call of Duty game I played, I just lost interest in the series after that. I probably would have been interested in the remastered edition of Modern Warfare, but thanks to the super gross move of locking it behind the expensive edition of Infinite, I'll be skipping it.

I'd be shocked if they don't sell it separately eventually. I know there's no chance I'll be buying Infinite Warfare, but I would totally pay like 40 bucks for COD4 remastered.

Modern Warfare 2 improved on every aspect of the multiplayer from the first game. If they had spent a little more time on it, then might have gotten the balance close to perfection as well.

I think the addition of all of the killstreaks is what made me like MW2 less than MW1. That and how buggy/glitchy it was. The care package glitch and the javelin glitch both eventually got patched, but it took forever and the game kind of sucked to play before they were fixed.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

the "MW2 Dedicated servers boycott" is fun to laugh at now.... but there was a bit back there where it fun exploring the modded servers in CoD4:MW, unlocked weapons and perks into something completely different. The real problem with these games' multiplayer is that they have NO Longevity, since you're lucky to find a populated server 3 years later.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

MW2 was simply the most fun I've had playing a CoD game. I've had severely diminished returns with all the ones that came after. Mostly, it seems to me that more changed between MW1 and MW2 than has changed since then. That's where multiplayer at least. I really have enjoyed the campaigns of each game in the series

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By ArtisanBreads

CoD 4. It was new and it hadn't gotten old. I actually liked CoD 2 the most probably. Close with 4 there.

LooterJennings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LooterJennings

@otakugamer you're not alone. That seems to be why most people are buying IW, from what I've seen.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Advanced Warfare to me remains the best CoD experience in recent memory. The movement mechanic of the jet boosters was, to me, a great way to liven up the pace and flow of the multiplayer and made it feel like a totally different game. I actually found it immensely disappointing to see it walked back into just 'jump jets' in Black Ops 3 and beyond. The beauty of Advanced Warfare came in the short, sudden bursts of speed.

MW1 and 2 also pretty good.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Modern Warfare 2 for me. The map design was "if you're good enough, you can lock down a side of the map". The kill streaks were great.

In fact, I still play that game on a fairly regular basis to this day.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Overal: Black Ops 3. Boots on the ground: Black Ops 2.

Treyarch knows their CoD games. Some of the others are fine and I think the MW games + Ghosts are the weakest by a large margain. Outdated, boring gunplay and too much of a focus on statpadding with killstreakrewards.

Black Ops 2 and 3 have the best balance, the most consistent map design and handle perks and scorestreakrewards the best they can. Furthermore, Black Ops 2 tries to make the gunplay more interesting with minimal recoil values and Black Ops 3 (and AW) makes the serie truly fast paced.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By Y2Ken

Black Ops the first gotta take it for me. MW2 is so close, though. I feel like that game was a few small but key tweaks away from being unbeatable.

I like pretty much all of them, though. Ghosts is the only entry that really did nothing for me - all the others I've enjoyed at least a bit.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

MW2 is the only one I've played for an extended period, and even then only about 100 hours. Black Ops 2 I had fun with cause that games super fucking easy as all the guns are like 100% accurate and there's no recoil so you just click and point and you win, 'prestiged' that one in 2 days and then didn't play again (thanks free weekends). Played AW multiplayer and tbh that game was awful, but again, thanks free weekends.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can shoot down UAVs

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#17 fisk0  Moderator

Advanced Warfare's "Combat Readiness Mode", which made all players anonymous (and paired human players up with bots), removed all the loadout and progression nonsense and disabled voice chat was the best time I've ever had with a Call of Duty game.

The first Modern Warfare had a pretty fun arena shooter mode which also removed all the progression and let the weapons be pickups on the map instead which I also spent some time with. None of the games in-between that lacked options to abstain from the unlock mechanics had any staying power for me.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I really really liked the old Infinity Ward games. That's probably why I've been playing Titanfall for 2 years now. The only non-old Infinity Ward COD game that got its hooks into me was Black Ops II.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.