Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 04, 2016

Set in futuristic 2080, the 13th entry of the Call of Duty series brings a war that spans our entire Solar System.

COD 4: Modern Warfare Remaster Release

Demonsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Have the developers confirmed if COD 4: Modern Warfare Remastered will ever be sold as a separate/individual game? Is there an anticipated release date?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

No and No.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#3  Edited By sammo21

Nope, nope, but we all know they will because it only makes financial sense. Will they sell it this year? I doubt it, that would potentially cannibalize sales of their current, full priced game. I am betting that we get solid confirmation of them selling the game and it being on sale by the end of March.

All that being said, the multiplayer is incredibly boring to go back to.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sammo21 said:

All that being said, the multiplayer is incredibly boring to go back to.

Whoa, that is for sure largely a question of taste! As someone who fell off the multiplayer after Black Ops (first one), but tried it every year since, I was doubting if I had changed or if the CoD multiplayer did. Affter playing hr MW Remaster I see the multiplayer in general did - it's a blast to get back to the good old one. Part of that is nostalgia for sure, but from a gameplay perspective it really just plays better (again, my opinion).

I hope they will release Remasters of MW sequels as well, for the campaigns.

Also people who expect the MW Remastered to ger a twenty dollar standalone release are crazy, when they eventually do put it on the market, it will be 30-50 dollars and it will sell for that price for a good while.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quipido: That sort of goes without say, doesn't it? Unless someone says, "objectively" before something it is pretty safe to assume you're hearing the opinion of that person :p.

The only reason I bought Infinite Warfare was for the MW remaster. I enjoyed going through the campaign again but the multiplayer is a snail's pace in comparison. I played about 4 games before I realized it was going to be a novelty for me. I would buy a 3 pack of the entire MW series remastered (3 is my favorite mp of the MW series). Had Titanfall 2 and Overwatch not come out this year I might put a bit more time into MW's multiplayer, but I just can't now. In all honesty, if I knew the way I currently feel I wouldn't have bought Infinite Warfare at all (and I liked the campaign, dislike the mp, hate zombies).

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Ezekiel

@quipido said:
    Also people who expect the MW Remastered to ger a twenty dollar standalone release are crazy, when they eventually do put it on the market, it will be 30-50 dollars and it will sell for that price for a good while.

That's why I'm looking at the original Call of Duty 4 on Steam. I'm waiting for it to go on sale, after getting back into a Call of Duty mood with 2 and having only played 4 on the PS3 back then. The updated graphics aren't worth twice the cost. The original still looks fine.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

Man, I am loving the slightly slower pace of the multiplayer. I feel like the games keep getting faster and faster while the maps get smaller and smaller, taking pretty much all of the real strategy out of it.

I was immensely disappointed in the Infinite Warfare multiplayer when I ran across an entire map in about a second or two. I don't care for the constant spawn, shoot, die in a few seconds and repeat. That said I do like the new mode which has players spawning in a set base rather than all over the map.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@ezekiel said:
    @quipido said:

That's why I'm looking at the original Call of Duty 4 on Steam. I'm waiting for it to go on sale, after getting back into a Call of Duty mood with 2 and having only played 4 on the PS3 back then. The updated graphics aren't worth twice the cost. The original still looks fine.

Are you just playing the campaign or are you planning on playing multiplayer? I would bet that original CoD4's multiplayer is either a ghost town or is chock full of hackers.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ezekiel said:
    @quipido said:

Are you just playing the campaign or are you planning on playing multiplayer? I would bet that original CoD4's multiplayer is either a ghost town or is chock full of hackers.

Can confirm vanilla COD 4 is full of hackers.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:
    @quipido said:

I've seen COD4 for on sale less than 10 bucks on Steam. In that past I thought about playing through that campaign again if it dropped to like 5, but it never has.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OMGFather

It's only a matter of time. The price of Infinite Warfare is already dropping fast.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@justin258 said:
    @ezekiel said:
    @quipido said:

Can confirm vanilla COD 4 is full of hackers.

Not on PC. There are still a decent core of well moderated servers, most are running things like promod though so I don't know how easy it is to find vanilla COD4 MP.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21 said:

@quipido: That sort of goes without say, doesn't it? Unless someone says, "objectively" before something it is pretty safe to assume you're hearing the opinion of that person :p.

Sure, I just didn't want to be too agressive in my post, no offense intended.

The multiplayer death-loop is way too fast in the recent CoDs, maybe it's just me getting old, but the MW one is much closer to my speed.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ezekiel

I have a question. I'm replaying MW2 right now and am annoyed by how overwhelming the enemies are. It's the chase scene in Latin America. They're all over you, appearing from several sides. It's not enjoyable, especially with the terrible blood screen effect. Call of Duty 2 wasn't like this. Is Call of Duty 4 as frustrating? I don't remember.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:

I have a question. I'm replaying MW2 right now and am annoyed by how overwhelming the enemies are. It's the chase scene in Latin America. They're all over you, appearing from several sides. It's not enjoyable, especially with the terrible blood screen effect. Call of Duty 2 wasn't like this. Is Call of Duty 4 as frustrating? I don't remember.

There definetely are parts with infinitely spawning enemies, where the goal is not to shoot everyone, but to move through the battlefield, push the line. On harder difficulty levels this can indeed be very frustrating.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ezekiel

@quipido said:
    @ezekiel said:

There definetely are parts with infinitely spawning enemies, where the goal is not to shoot everyone, but to move through the battlefield, push the line. On harder difficulty levels this can indeed be very frustrating.

Call of Duty 2 is like that too (infinite spawns), but I'm okay with it. The enemy locations and their skill in MW2 are just harder to deal with. It's hard to explain. Maybe it's because you have fewer allies and everybody is shooting only at you. In Call of Duty 2, you were part of a force.

Edit: Yeah, it's probably that combined with the tighter quarters that has made MW2 a drag so far.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21 said:

The only reason I bought Infinite Warfare was for the MW remaster. I enjoyed going through the campaign again but the multiplayer is a snail's pace in comparison. I played about 4 games before I realized it was going to be a novelty for me. I would buy a 3 pack of the entire MW series remastered (3 is my favorite mp of the MW series). Had Titanfall 2 and Overwatch not come out this year I might put a bit more time into MW's multiplayer, but I just can't now. In all honesty, if I knew the way I currently feel I wouldn't have bought Infinite Warfare at all (and I liked the campaign, dislike the mp, hate zombies).

I can believe it. I really liked the MW multiplayer at the time, and do think later CODs are a little too over complicated, with too many attachments and kill-streaks and different levels of different stuff. With that said I think MW2 was probably the sweet spot for that stuff

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
    OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21 said:

Nope, nope, but we all know they will because it only makes financial sense. Will they sell it this year? I doubt it, that would potentially cannibalize sales of their current, full priced game. I am betting that we get solid confirmation of them selling the game and it being on sale by the end of March.

All that being said, I personally foundthe multiplayer is incredibly boring to go back to.

I fixed that for you.

I really really enjoy MW's multiplayer to this day. It's purer than the stuff that's out now. It's probably part of why I like BF1, because they don't feel like they are getting too expansive for their own good. Even silly stuff like running around using only your sidearm is fun in MP. There are certainly some flaws but I think the MP is pretty damn solid even today, with or without the nostalgia factor.

OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:

You just have to find a way to approach it properly. Are you playing on the hardest difficulty? If not it shouldn't be that bad. I've beaten both games on the hardest difficulty, and it could certainly get frustrating. But that was because of how balls to the walls the difficulty could get in those games.

They aren't actually infinite spawns in any situation if I remember correctly. Just a shit ton of them. If nothing else you can usually cut down most of the bad guys to give yourself more space, but the key is ultimately to maneuver if you feel like you're being overrun.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Didn't Activision say this same shit whenever they were putting redemption codes for Call of Duty Classic in special editions of Modern Warfare 2? I can't quite remember if it was the same thing, where they said "we won't sell it outside of the game."

Nonetheless, I'm willing to guarantee that you can buy it separate from Infinite Warfare within the next twelve months. Those bastards at Activision like money a lot, and they know that people care more about COD4 Remastered than Infinite Warfare. Hell, we've yet to have a single customer come into our LAN center that wanted to play Infinite Warfare, but all of them want to play COD4 Remastered.

Twelve months. I might even be willing to drop that estimate down to six if the sales for Infinite Warfare continue to be shit by comparison of previous COD titles.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@opusofthemagnum: You didn't "fix" anything, you simply added a superfluous word to my sentence to prove a point that didn't need to be made. Unless I included something like "objectively" to my sentence then clearly what I'm doing is speaking my mind. The internet trend of saying "fixed it for you" only happens when people get childish and upset someone said something they didn't care for, just like posting a "let me Google that for you" link when someone asks a question.

OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21 said:

@opusofthemagnum: You didn't "fix" anything, you simply added a superfluous word to my sentence to prove a point that didn't need to be made. Unless I included something like "objectively" to my sentence then clearly what I'm doing is speaking my mind. The internet trend of saying "fixed it for you" only happens when people get childish and upset someone said something they didn't care for, just like posting a "let me Google that for you" link when someone asks a question.

If you make a statement that is meant to be opinion... state it that way and people won't get cheeky with you. I feel there is room for something like game quality to be objective, even if the line between objective and subjective is hazy. Your language wasn't clear, it could have been. Should it have been? That's probably in the eye of the beholder. It certainly could have been. You're contributing to a discussion and it serves the discussion to be clear between subjective and objective language or intent.

I was being cheeky, yes. I didn't mean to offend you however, so maybe you took my comment as more aggressive or pointed than it was meant to be thanks to the magic of toneless text. It was mostly a smart ass way to jump into saying that I still think the game is extremely playable and even fun. With or without shiny new graphics. I expect a lot of people who use that just think it's a light hearted, funny thing and are not in fact trying to tear down the value of your opinion. All I cared about was the language you used, and can totally see why those early games would seem boring to some people.

Just to be clear. "X is Y" is objective. "X looked Y" is subjective. Just a plain old statement is usually going to be objective these days just based on how language is used based on what I've seen, so I don't really blame you for using language like that. I am guilty of it myself and try consciously to break that pattern. If you care about writing or speaking, it might help you build a small skill. If not, I'm just an annoying nerd that you can ignore.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.