Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

So I just presitiged for the first time!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

Damn... 

Is there really any point for this, aside from a few extra custom box's and that silly little Icon?
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

no

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By face15

I have never prestiged in a COD game, but if I had it certainly wouldn't be Black Ops. I got to about level 30 in Modern Warfare, about level 40 in World at War, and about level 50 in MW2, but I only got to level 16 in Black Ops before I got bored and gave up.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang

Its not the borderm factor, cause I really love Black Ops (just check my GOTY 2010 list), it's jut you lose all your wepons, money, stats etc
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By dbz1995

Every time you prestige, your games penis grow an inch. That's how a friend put it to me.

jaketaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By jaketaylor
    @dbz1995: An accurate description.
    karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By karatetron
    @Tennmuerti said:
    " no "
    Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Druminator
    @dbz1995:  Well in that case mine is 6 inches :P
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iam3green

pretty much for a new emblem. it's just there to relevel up again.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Example1013

My emblem is badass because of the background from the Prestige 1 emblem. 

On MW2 I used it as an opportunity to use a different weapons set because it took so much longer to unlock attachments. So my first play, I used assault rifles fairly exclusively, then play 2 I started using pretty much solely SMGs. 

Honestly, though, I don't think I'll play Black Ops ever again. It just doesn't work as well. In reality, I'd drop about $20-30 to just straight-up buy all the maps for Black Ops on MW2. Custom Emblems would be nice, too (and some basic camos--I still want the really cool ones to be unlockable, like Fall), but that would be ancillary. MW2 just plays so much better. 

Also, they fucked up with the splitscreen, because the system can't even handle it. It'd be nice if they compressed the images, or removed some processed info or something so that both players could run smoothly, but as it is using 2 players on one TV just chops up the frame rate.

SilverBulletKY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By SilverBulletKY
    @example1013 said:
    " My emblem is badass because of the background from the Prestige 1 emblem.  On MW2 I used it as an opportunity to use a different weapons set because it took so much longer to unlock attachments. So my first play, I used assault rifles fairly exclusively, then play 2 I started using pretty much solely SMGs.  Honestly, though, I don't think I'll play Black Ops ever again. It just doesn't work as well. In reality, I'd drop about $20-30 to just straight-up buy all the maps for Black Ops on MW2. Custom Emblems would be nice, too (and some basic camos--I still want the really cool ones to be unlockable, like Fall), but that would be ancillary. MW2 just plays so much better.  Also, they fucked up with the splitscreen, because the system can't even handle it. It'd be nice if they compressed the images, or removed some processed info or something so that both players could run smoothly, but as it is using 2 players on one TV just chops up the frame rate. "
    I hated MW2.  Quit playing soon after I bought it.  I'm really liking Black Ops though.  I think the multiplayer is better.  Less crap going on.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#12  Edited By citizenkane

I prestiged for the first time in a Call of Duty game last week.  I am at Level 31 right now, almost at 32.  Even though it pretty much does nothing for you onther than giving you extra stuff and the new rank insignia, it's the progressive leveling and redoing/finishing challenges that just gets me to keep coming back.

Damn you Call of Duty 4 for bringing me these things into my life!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By JJWeatherman

I've never prestiged. Call of Duty 4 was probably my closest, but I just never got there. I can see the appeal for people that play non-stop, but I'd rather do other things.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By groin

I prestige because I would hate to 'waste' those experience points. I try a different progression path each time I prestige (perks/weapons) to keep it fresh as well.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#15  Edited By citizenkane
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " I've never prestiged. Call of Duty 4 was probably my closest, but I just never got there. I can see the appeal for people that play non-stop, but I'd rather do other things. "
    Not having any other games right now certainly helps me.  :)
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@groin said:
    " I prestige because I would hate to 'waste' those experience points. I try a different progression path each time I prestige (perks/weapons) to keep it fresh as well. "
    This. It gives the Call of Duty experience more lasting value.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.