Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

Is the AK47u your most "Times Killed By" weapon?

bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigsmoke77
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By audiosnag

Not sure but it's my go to sub machine gun. 
    I can do some pretty serious damage on Firing Range with it.

bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bigsmoke77

The "Times killed by" list is in your combat record under the "WEAPONS" tab

In my opinion a weapon is not balanced when the community is significantly using it more than other weapons. My list as of right now has the AK47u on top with 811 and then the Famas and Galil a little bit over 500. That is not a large number from 1st to 2nd but it is still very large. THE MP5K has the same stats as the AK47u but kick likes a mule. The ump45 in MW2 did have large damage stats but had a lot of recoil so it balanced it out. I just don't think it is a good quality of a multiplayer FPS where one gun is the dominate choice.

traynrek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By traynrek

I think you mean AK74u. Not really a big deal, but your thread title just refers to a gun that doesn't exist in BLOPS. Maybe you are out to prove a whole lot of people are liars. I won't judge either way.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By LordXavierBritish

It's my most used weapon.

Which is to say I use it on every single one of my classes every day all the time.

@bigsmoke77 said:

" The "Times killed by" list is in your combat record under the "WEAPONS" tab  In my opinion a weapon is not balanced when the community is significantly using it more than other weapons. My list as of right now has the AK47u on top with 811 and then the Famas and Galil a little bit over 500. That is not a large number from 1st to 2nd but it is still very large. THE MP5K has the same stats as the AK47u but kick likes a mule. The ump45 in MW2 did have large damage stats but had a lot of recoil so it balanced it out. I just don't think it is a good quality of a multiplayer FPS where one gun is the dominate choice. "

That's a stupid point.

Everyone can use it, so if they choose not to use it that is their problem.

There is no "balance" in a game like this.
    belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By belaraphon

psychologically, players might also feel better while using it. but for the long haul, all of the SMGs work fantastically well in medium to short range.

traynrek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By traynrek

I think the differences in attachments, type of recoil or aesthetics like the iron sights of a gun will cause a gun to be more popular. Gun stats will say that the AK74u is a great SMG, but ultimately the player has to still aim and shoot. If I didn't already like the AK74u and I saw I was killed by it the most, I'd sure give it a try. Popularity rules the masses.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By sopranosfan

No because I use a gun that owns the AK74u and I'm not telling because I don't want it to start getting overused and then nerfed by complainers.  My most killed by is the Famas and it is several hundred ahead and the AK74u is second and the Galil is right behind the 74u.  I have never thought the 74u was better than other weapons and that was made obvious by the fact that almost nobody uses it now because the slightest tweak made it underpowered.  But because people used it a lot they went on message boards and whined until it was changed. 
    Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Potter9156

Yep. Followed by the Famas. It's just part of the reason Blops is collecting dust on the shelf(except when I'm playing zombies).

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#10  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I'm sure if I checked it would be that or the FAMAS because people are boring and all use the same weapon that they unlocked at level 14. I personally found the Galli and the Kiparis to be much better for either category.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By amir90

No, because I am not a hypocrite, and PC users have yet to get a patch that reduces ak74u rapid fire OP problem.

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By innacces14

Nope. Been killed by the Commando more. This is from someone who plays more Hardcore TDM than regular.

Stupot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Stupot
    @bigsmoke77 said:

" The "Times killed by" list is in your combat record under the "WEAPONS" tab  In my opinion a weapon is not balanced when the community is significantly using it more than other weapons. My list as of right now has the AK47u on top with 811 and then the Famas and Galil a little bit over 500. That is not a large number from 1st to 2nd but it is still very large. THE MP5K has the same stats as the AK47u but kick likes a mule. The ump45 in MW2 did have large damage stats but had a lot of recoil so it balanced it out. I just don't think it is a good quality of a multiplayer FPS where one gun is the dominate choice. "

Well i agree the AK74u grip rapid fire is overpowered, but without its not necessarily overpowered its just over used. The famas can out shoot the 74u at mid to long distance so its not dominant in every aspect. 

Also you're a crazy person to think the UMP wasn't overpowered seeing as it was a 2 shoot kill  to the body at any distance and 3 shot kill to the foot at any distance. The recoil wasnt existant if you burst fired it which is simple.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Donos

The AK 47 is my most killed by weapon. Does that mean I should vote yes?

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Yep. I have killed 347 people with it and gotten killed by it 826 times!

Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Ben99

I think it's ok gun I use the aug a lot though 

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#18  Edited By bobafettjm

The Famas took the lead as the most killed by gun for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.