Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

Bye PSN?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By shivermetimbers
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

This is fucking retarded, COD:Black Ops is the only game I have had so much trouble with on PSN, Killzone 2 works fine, Resistance 2 works fine, Bad Company 2 works fine, everything else works fine.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By xyzygy

Wow. PSN looks like it's costing Activision a lot of hassle, plus don't they have to put in a bit more work on their end to keep it running compared to Live? 

Loss of Activision support would be a massive blow. Microsoft is probably secretly hoping they'll drop them :P

Vacancy009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Vacancy009

If the issue is they just didn't program the game right for PSN then Activision and Treyarch should just take responsibility for their product.  If the issue is actually with the PSN not being robust enough to handle the game and they need to consistently change their code for an inadequate system then Sony needs to take responsibility.  I haven't played Black Ops on PSN but as a recent PS3 owner I am not impressed at all with the speed of their service.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

lol It constantly amazes me with how little Activision care. It's like they want the world to know they're run by Natzi heads in jars.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Wuddel

Meh. Bluff. Everything else runs ok. They would not alienate such a big chuck of their user base (1/3? I have no idea. I am in continental Europe here, and a bunch of my friends have a PS3s while none has a 360. I own both.) The PSN is a little clunky, and also sometimes a bit slow on the downloads. Otherwise it is just fine, considering they offer it for the very low price of free.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By shivermetimbers
    @Wuddel said:

"Meh. Bluff. Everything else runs ok. They would not alienate such a big chuck of their user base (1/3? I have no idea. I am in continental Europe here, and a bunch of my friends have a PS3s while none has a 360. I own both.) The PSN is a little clunky, and also sometimes a bit slow on the downloads. Otherwise it is just fine, considering they offer it for the very low price of free. "

Probably a disgruntled customer support guy who pulled it out of thin air, unless we hear a formal public statement from Kotick or Activision, then it isn't likely going to happen. 
    tobygw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: -1

#9  Edited By tobygw

This is clearly some customer service fool who doesn't know what he's talking about. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.