Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 13, 2020

The 17th installment of the Call of Duty series brings the Black Ops sub-franchise back to its 20th-century Cold War roots.

Quick Look?

mshaw006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I’m surprised to see zero coverage of this game since launch, especially ‘cause Jeff usually gets relatively into CoD games. Also because I’m sure people are curious (I know I am) about how it runs on the new consoles, how the versions compare, etc.

Anyone know if they’re planning on doing anything? I’m surprised they haven’t done a quick look yet!

summerofblake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I dunno what’s going on... was hoping for a bit for a stream from jeff doing some multiplayer, maybe they’re waiting for the warzone stuff to get incorporated?

djredbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess no one wants to dedicate around 140 gigs on their limited SSD's for a COD game. It's not that strange considering there are no QL's for Watchdogs, Demon's Souls, Godfall or Destiny 2 Beyond Light. Who knows maybe they won't even do a QL for Cyberpunk either.

chaz934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jeff said something about recording something either late last week or early this week. He’s spoken of having some issues streaming or uploading too, so maybe that has something to do with it.

chaz934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mshaw006: I can tell you from my time with it that it looks very good on PS5. I played the PS4 version as well and the ray tracing really pops in the campaign especially.

I will say that some of the random NPCs look pretty rough for whatever reason.

Gameplay wise not much has changed. There a few differences in multiplayer (no double sprint, no gun mounting) and the perk system is a little different from Modern Warfare.

Overall Black Ops looks good and is fun, but it doesn’t feel very “next-gen” outside of ray tracing.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Yeah I've been waiting for this too. Was definitely expecting more than podcast coverage this week. But maybe Jeff is too busy with Game of the Year planning and Red Venture stuff to record anything.

Black Ops Cold War is based on the Black Ops III branch of the engine not the IW 8.0 version used for Modern Warfare. The most general complaint I've heard from coverage is that the movement feels old and there is a very good reason for that.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I believe Jeff said somewhere on a video/podcast that they didn't receive download codes in advance of the game release. So yeah, in years past they would have an impression and/or Quick Look ready to go for the game the instant the embargo is up, but it sounds like that wasn't the case this year. So chill, the Quick Look is up now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.