Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bungie

Company »

Bungie is a development studio owned by Sony Interactive Entertainment. They are the creators of the Marathon, Myth, Halo, and Destiny series of games.

The Bungie's New Project(s) Thread

natsfan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By natsfan7

Come here to dicuss Bungie's new project(s), the Microsoft cancellation of Bungies E3 trailer, the Superintendent stuff, and so on.

caption
    caption
    turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By turboman

I'm hoping for something multiplatform, cause I'm not getting a 360 anytime soon. But I would be really interested in playing their games

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Fosssil

I'm hoping it is another First-Person shooter, and I hope that the multiplayer is as good as Halo 1's.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Lies

Seems like they've got three projects in the pipeline from that recent weekly update. Probably one original IP, and two Halo projects is my guess. We know they're doing a new IP, or well, it's almost guaranteed. And MS said they were doing a Halo project.

I look forward to what Bungie can do with a new IP, but I also like the Halo universe. So it's like a win-win for me :)

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Riddler
    TurboMan said:
    "I'm hoping for something multiplatform, cause I'm not getting a 360 anytime soon. But I would be really interested in playing their games"

HAH, Keep Dreaming COW, MS gets first dibs on whatever Bungie makes. and if MS publishes, why would it go to the Blu-ray player? Besides, bungie said over and over, they are a 360 centric company....SO SHOVE IT
    natsfan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By natsfan7

Bungie "said" they're making three games; my hope is that one of the games is thr rumored 3rd person ODST shooter, and that another one is a new Marathon game that ties back into the Halo universe (with Chief as the main character).

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Wolverine

One of the three games will be Halo related. Maybe even two of them.

SlimDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By SlimDogg

Yeah they have three games. One is def a Halo related game. One is a new IP. And i believe the other is an XBLA game. I don't know how soon MS right to first refusal is up. But i guess there is a chance that the original IP game could be multiplatform.

They were seen at the EA E3 event. So maybe they are going to join the EA publisher program like Valve ?

Murpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Murpan

Hmmm... Maybe a Marathon remake?  Which could have the Master Chief.  Would give Bungie a chance to start the Halo numbering over (while keeping the main character) instead of going with Halo 4.

Carmel_Chewy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Carmel_Chewy

I doubt there will be a Halo 4 and I'm pretty sure the ODST Tactical game might come true.

AnTiPRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AnTiPRO

I would love to see how a tactical game would work with the Halo franchise. I would also love to see a game made about the beginning of the spartan program like in the novels.

Avatar image for beyondperfection
    BeyondPerfection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BeyondPerfection
    Riddler said:
    "TurboMan said:
    "I'm hoping for something multiplatform, cause I'm not getting a 360 anytime soon. But I would be really interested in playing their games"

HAH, Keep Dreaming COW, MS gets first dibs on whatever Bungie makes. and if MS publishes, why would it go to the Blu-ray player? Besides, bungie said over and over, they are a 360 centric company....SO SHOVE IT"

Get that fanboy shit out of here..
    stokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By stokes

I think a tactical shooter by Bungie would be awesome.  Maybe set in the Halo universe where you play as a normal drop marine.  At this point, I just want it to play a lot different from Halo.

DappaDizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DappaDizzle

id like to see bungie make a 3rd person shooter considering when then first announced halo it was intended to be a 3rd person shooter

stokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By stokes

Actually, I saw my icon and now I'm going to call it.  Halo themed espionage game.  Oh yeah...PM me when they annouce that!

DappaDizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DappaDizzle
    Stokes said:
    "Actually, I saw my icon and now I'm going to call it.  Halo themed espionage game.  Oh yeah...PM me when they annouce that!"
    copyright it now.. so you can sue them
    stokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By stokes

Halo Ghost (C)

Quint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Quint
    TurboMan said:
    All 3 new projects will almost definitely be exclusive to the 360, Microsoft still have a hefty share in Bungie and a contract that gives them first refusal to any of their games.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pause422

Anyone else think its extremely stupid of microsoft to basically continue to piss off and alienate the company that basically sold their Xbox's and Xbox 360's? I'm not even a real fan of halo,but I respect what people see in it,and bungie are real talented people. I can't imagine ,reguardless of how they show it off to the public, how pissed off they probably are. And since Bungie doesn't own the Halo license ,microsoft does...the logical thing to do,find a new publisher and say the hell with microsoft really is out of the question if people ever want another Bungie Halo game. Then microsoft would just give the license to some random fucking company,like Rare or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.